Amazon webpages first in Spanish then back to English in Chrome

This only started the last week or so in Chrome. No such issue in Explorer or Edge. When I go to a page on Amazon, the content is in Spanish. Then 2 seconds later, it switches to English and I get a popup from Google Translate with something like, Always translate Spanish. How can I eliminate this so it's automatically in English to begin with? And yes it's the U.S. site.

Turns out to be an Amazon issue. There is a U.S. flag next to the search button that lets you switch languages on Amazon. Not sure how it got switched to Spanish but got it switched back to English.

Turns out to be an Amazon issue. There is a U.S. flag next to the search button that lets you switch languages on Amazon. Not sure how it got switched to Spanish but got it switched back to English.
sounds like QP gave you advice you ignored the first time. then blamed amazon for your user error :whistle:

Same thing happened to me recently. I thought it was the extension I use to always re-direct to smile.amazon.com but it was what QP said. No idea why it changed.... No lo cambié a español.

sounds like QP gave you advice you ignored the first time. then blamed amazon for your user error :whistle:
No....Like I said, the Chrome setting was already in English. It wasn't until checking the Amazon setting and changing to English that the problem went away.

Well yes if you click the three dots and set Chrome to always convert to English it will automatically translate any page that is received from a site in a different language. That is done on your end between Chrome and Google. Amazon still thinks you want the page in Spanish.

This is completely different from asking the site to send the page in English in the first place, which means less mangling in translation.

When you search with Google for a product that is not sold on the Amazon US site you can get a link to another country's site and that ends up setting your Amazon cookies to a different language.

Back