Amazon to pay $500 million in 'thank you' bonuses to front-line workers

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Reading all these comments, I am sure some agree.
I dont care what kind of work anyone does. Its a job and if they are unhappy, then you find a new one or new career.
Simple as that.

Yep. + 10000000 %

If you don't like where you are currently employed.... quit and find a much better job. Too many people stay in a dead end job for many years cause they get comfortable where they work.

I've been at the same company for over 30 years, if things were bad I would have quit within 3 weeks.

Amazon and Wal-Mart should get bonuses every 3 months like I got when I worked for Publix Supermarkets a very long time ago. All part-time employees working a minimum of 20 hours got a quarterly bonus and Publix stock ESOP.

I don't know if Publix still has quarterly bonuses....

Or for money. You like the paychecks, so you suffer.

WS6,

I agree that people need a paycheck.

With 50+ million people unemployed in the USA, many of those people wished the had a miserable job that paid very well.

Things will get very interesting in the next few months....

Changing a career, even just finding a new job, can be challenging.
It ain't that simple and it ain't that easy.
I also believe there is a luck component.

In fact I consider myself evidence of this.

At any rate, enjoy your bonuses Amazon workers. You too, Wally World workers.
I'm sure you earned it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Changing a career, even just finding a new job, can be challenging.
It ain't that simple and it ain't that easy.
I also believe there is a luck component.

In fact I consider myself evidence of this.

At any rate, enjoy your bonuses Amazon workers. You too, Wally World workers.
I'm sure you earned it.

Exactly. When someone can find me another career that pays what I make working 3-4 days a week that's legal, and enjoyable, and doesn't cost me another half decade of school, and is stable and portable...please link.

Ws6,

I do know where I work all the field service engineers make over $100K and its a pretty low stress job. No boss to deal with on a regular basis and you are on your own 90% of the time, other 10% with a coworker doing and installation or repair.

Paid travel and training, work van, tool allowance, on call pay and definitely OT if you volunteer for it. And you also get commission on sales leads for old equipment that has to be replaced cause its end of life and no longer supported by the manufacturer.

Lots of older employees are retiring and they are always looking for quality folks..... especially military veterans.

Probably one of the most veteran friendly big companies out there that recruits from all branches.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I'm surprised he didn't do this months ago like Walmart did and just recently did again.

Me too.

Back