Amazon sales tax=Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon just recently opened a warehouse here in Florida as well so there is a tax added. I have switched to using big box stores option to "ship to store" or "pick up in store" if they don't carry the product I want in store stock. Makes returns easier and saves on shipping.

Last edited:
Online vendors should have to pay sales tax in every state they sell product in.

It's grossly unfair otherwise to local retailers. Relying on average Joe to report his purchases and pay use tax is ridiculous.

Its not unfair to them at all, thats pure propaganda. Lets be honest their prices are so far out of whack the sales tax doesn't even come close to being a deciding factor.
I needed 60 hardened bolts, nuts and washers for a project, local had them at 3.68 ea
With tax is was over $232. On line $40 inc shipping no tax.
Even with tax on the $40 (about 2.40) it would not send me running to the local.

I understand the cost of doing business in a brick and mortar store is higher and i expect to pay a little more but not double, triple, quadruple, quintuple and more. At that point it has become a cash grab.
Start paying stock people and cashiers $15 a hour and see how many close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back