Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6....APPS?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one of these for the g.f. for Christmas this year. I know its a well built tablet for the price, and has good battery life. I am just wondering, if any of you have a Kindle Fire product, are there a fair amount of FREE apps from the Kindle App Store?

Quote:
Well, I clicked on "top 100 free" and it shows "android apps"

Edit: the filters helped. Looks like there are a good number of decent free apps. Thats what I was hoping for. Hopefully their app store will continue to grow.

Last edited:
no, amazon marketplace is different from the android market place, and you don't see all the apps, or the same versions. The ones that showe up are verified for the amazon OSes.

But you can sideload apps really easily. Does not require a hacking degree.

All you need to do is first download a different appstore app. Then you have access to all free apps-They are just being managed by a different "market" app.

http://market.1mobile.com/

is what most people use.

Last edited:
Didn't know you could put a different 3rd party marketplace on a Kindle. Definitely good information to have, although I have no desire to own a Kindle.

In case some were confused, Kindle's run Android. The fire OS just has a skin on it to make it look different. The apps are the same. If you install google play store on the kindle, you can use all the apps there, too.

How would one install the Play Store without rooting it? The Play Store does not work on every Android tablet. Only those recognized by Google as an "official" piece.

Ended up taking it back. Amazon Fire HD 7 in route
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back