Amazon headlights

I have a Chrysler town and country. The headlights are foggy and crazed. Normally I would restore them but since they are so crazed I don't think it will work well and I'm so I'm looking at buying new ones.

Rock auto has Mopar for like $400 total. I can buy a set on Amazon for $175. They have decent reviews... what's the worst that could happen?

Second, i almost checked out at rock auto but they have two headlights with different part numbers but identical descriptions. I don't know which one to buy; says both of them are for my van. What are you supposed to do in that case besides call rock auto?

Is there a cheaper place to buy oem-quality headlights or avoid dealer markup but get genuine parts?

Amazon is probably easier to return/credit. I bought amazon assemblies for my previous truck, they were fine, and much better than the yellow too far gone lights.

Can you post a link to the ones you are thinking about ?

Possible that the 2 p/n's are left and right? The good thing about Amazon is their easy returns if you don't like the quality.

I got a perfectly good chinese headlight for my 99 accord for $32 shipped via ebay. If there were workmanship issues they didn't show cosmetically or operationally.

Remember you'll be getting new reflectors, too, and that can cause improvement.

These are the Amazon ones I was looking at. There are other similar ones:

AKKON - For 2008-2016 Town & Country | 11-19 Dodge Grand Caravan Headlights Headlamps Pair Left + Right https://a.co/d/6ygHu4p

Here are the duplicate rock auto parts

2AME13337A
Left; Halogen Quad Headlamps;
Exc. Black Headlamp Bezels

5113337AC
Left; Halogen Quad Headlamps; Exc. Black Headlamp Bezels

I bought aftermarket for my 02 accord. I put them on in 2018 and just now one of the lights is starting to yellow but the other is still clear. For $60 for both lights i am pretty happy with the fitment. Make sure you read the reviews and see if there are any issues with the adjusters. Sometimes there are quality issues with the adjustment mechanism. Also the aftermarket lights sometimes come with bulbs pre installed which are cheap chinese bulbs that should probably be replaced with name brand bulbs so that may add to the cost a little.

These are the Amazon ones I was looking at. There are other similar ones:

AKKON - For 2008-2016 Town & Country | 11-19 Dodge Grand Caravan Headlights Headlamps Pair Left + Right https://a.co/d/6ygHu4p

Here are the duplicate rock auto parts

2AME13337A
Left; Halogen Quad Headlamps;
Exc. Black Headlamp Bezels

5113337AC
Left; Halogen Quad Headlamps; Exc. Black Headlamp Bezels
Any chrysler part number that starts 1AM or 2AM is a magneti marelli by mopar part. Pre FCA these were called mopar value parts, they are economy grade alternatives to the OE part that Chrysler has validated. The 5113337AC is the genuine OE part.

IME if the aftermarket replacements are CAPA certified they're somewhere between very good and virtually indistinguishable from OEM, at least as far as fitment and beam pattern.

Avoid aftermarkets that are just produced to look "cool" and appeal to 16 year-old "tuners" (hopefully less applicable to mini-vans)

OEM if your vehicle had good optic headlamps to begin with. Everything else, even CAPA certified is trash.
Cosmetically, aftermarket will look the same. What usually happens is the high beam will be comparable to stock, the low beams will be garbage trash. The OEM sharp cutoff was not present on my aftermarkets.....but they were "aimable"

My '07 Accord driver's side headlight had stone damage which allowed moisture in, so I replace them both (so they would match) with Amazon headlights. Not expensive, but still a waste of money, Chinese junk. Terrible pattern, and fit with the body wasn't great. So I bought an OEM headlight from the dealer (pricey) and put the OEM's back in, which I should have done in the first place.
The Accord is in good shape, so worth it to me. If your car is on its' last legs, then OEM might be too expensive.

I bought some cheaper Amazon headlights for our Jeep. It’s a toy and doesn’t really get driven a lot at night. But the OEM headlights were the worst I’ve ever seen on a vehicle.

The Amazon lights are much better than OEM. But truthfully, they are cheap lights. Not really all that bright, pattern is ok at best, (but not bad like a LED in a reflector though). Every time I drive it at night, I think to myself “I should have just spent the money on good headlights” But they just aren’t quite bad enough for me to actually buy good lights….I will sooner or later.

If its a daily that gets driven often at night, I would absolutely just get good headlights, IMO.

I've put TYC CAPA certified headlamp assemblies on two of our vehicles with excellent results. Headlights were able to be aimed/aligned without difficulty and at night, there was zero difference between the TYC CAPA assemblies and the OEM assemblies as far as light pattern and ability to see far enough down the road. Also, they fit perfectly.

Reactions: D60
I’ve put twc units in two vehicles. In my mothers civic, they unsealed as the upper plastic broke and let water in within a year. The light pattern was only ok. But idk how good the original were.

I used twc a gen1 mdx, with projectors. The cutoff was great, but street signs and highway signs were completely dark. These also broke the upper clips and sealing in a year, which I was able to adequately caulk. The projector light on the road was good, though, including far-field distribution.

The town and country headlights I had in our 2002 were superb. I’d be tempted to go OEM on yours.

If you plan to keep this vehicle do yourself a favour and get the OEM or equivalent housings.

There are usually issues aiming aftermarket headlights but you really need to do it once or twice before the mechanism falls apart, even with CAPA certified lights. Amazon is your best bet IMHO unless FB Marketplace or eBay has a cheap OEM deal.

Back