Amazing what a good washing will do

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
When was the last time you saw one of these things on the road, let alone in this good of shape?

Every year around November I go over to my great aunt & uncles and get their car and wash it and charge up the battery. They live in Europe most of the year and come here for a couple months in the winter. It's a 1998 Plymouth Breeze 2.0L with 114k miles. Amazing it's still running, has been a pretty good car.

Forgot how shiny it could get, never been waxed before. Front end was repaired/repainted 2 years ago from a car accident (other persons fault) but the original paint looked just as good. Never garaged but they have covered parking, but is still in the sun a lot.

I'll also include a picture of my Camry from a few days ago. Waxed it for the first time. Of course the evening low light makes it look good
grin2.gif

w48qs.jpg

25qg3s6.jpg

2ni7dxs.jpg

eirptg.jpg

2l6jqp.jpg

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Would it be less expensive to rent a car when they are in USA instead of owning this?
Sometimes they're here for 5 months, but due to health reasons they'll be here this winter for 1-2 months.

The car is only insured while they're here, full coverage is $50 a month. Last year was the first time it's had any real repairs. Got freeze plugs (weeping) and an A/C compressor and the last set of tires aged out. So it costs probably $250-$300 a year on average.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
What's your wash regimen?

I just hosed it off and washed with Armor All soap, rinsed and dried with a "The Absorber" chamois.

For my car I did the same but wiped on some Rain X liquid wax that was pretty old. Wiped off with a microfiber towel, I hate that stuff. I'll be getting back to Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax.

My car (Camry) gets washed usually once a month at the $3 car wash.

The Plymouth gets washed once a year by me and probably once another time while my great and & uncle are here at a car wash.

Both cars turned out great! I can't go for more than 1 week without washing my car or I have convulsions (not really but it really really bothers me).

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
We had the Dodge Stratus version of that Breeze BITD. Worst seats of any car I've ever owned. The car wasn't that bad otherwise.
Weird you say that, I love the seats in this car. Maybe the Plymouths are different? I'm going back over tomorrow to take the battery off the charger. I'll take a picture of the seats, you tell me if they're the same.

My dad had that exact Breeze as a company car, same year, engine and color. It was a good car, not bad in the city but on the highway it quickly ran out of power. A slight hill would kick it down to third, a steep one second.

I could throw a stone and hit that car from my house.

When I lived in Mississippi I never saw those round anymore (or 1st gen or early 2nd gen Neon's), but moving back to PA they are still hanging on. Albeit a little rusty, still running. My neighbor has one, purple with faded and peeling clearcoat. Still runs. Those 2.0's were decent in their day. We had 3 Neon's with them. Mother had a 98 and 2000, and I had a 2002. All SOHC, so a little underpowered, but chugged on.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
My dad had that exact Breeze as a company car, same year, engine and color. It was a good car, not bad in the city but on the highway it quickly ran out of power. A slight hill would kick it down to third, a steep one second.

I could throw a stone and hit that car from my house.
Oh yeah this thing is the slowest car I've ever driven. It can't even get out of its own way, I often floor it to keep up with city driving.

Looking at your pics,I love the topography and lawns in AZ. My aunt and uncle live in Scottsdale and their yard is sand and cacti. No grass as far as I can remember (been a really long time since I've been there). If I can ever dig up the pics I have of it,I'll post them. I love the looks of the house immediately to the left of the street sign in the first picture,the one with the slanted roof. Kind've art deco looking.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
We had the Dodge Stratus version of that Breeze BITD. Worst seats of any car I've ever owned. The car wasn't that bad otherwise.
Did the seats look like this? These ones are very cushy.

2lbdmvl.jpg

I see tinypic got rid of my pictures.

Here it is 4 years later. Has been sitting since March, my great aunt and uncle will be back tomorrow from Europe for 5 months so it'll see a little more action. 119k miles. Still one of the only ones left on the road
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I see tinypic got rid of my pictures.

Here it is 4 years later. Has been sitting since March, my great aunt and uncle will be back tomorrow from Europe for 5 months so it'll see a little more action. 119k miles. Still one of the only ones left on the road
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Clean. I always liked the exterior design of these

Back