Amazing used car find

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I routinely buy used cars to flip. recently we found a 2002 Buick Regal with only 48k miles! This is a real creampuff with leather and in nearly immaculate shape!

Best part is it sold for 800 bucks! An amazing deal on a garaged, well maintained car. I bet we get 3 grand or so for it....

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
My son and I routinely buy used cars to flip. recently we found a 2002 Buick Regal with only 48k miles! This is a real creampuff with leather and in nearly immaculate shape!

Best part is it sold for 800 bucks! An amazing deal on a garaged, well maintained car. I bet we get 3 grand or so for it....

I assume you do not title them or sales tax would eat into your profits. Maybe no sales tax in Florida, I cannot remember. What about insurance? With many changes on/off your insurance policy they are bound to determine you are a business at some point. Lawsuit insurance?

Originally Posted by Donald

I assume you do not title them or sales tax would eat into your profits. Maybe no sales tax in Florida, I cannot remember. What about insurance? With many changes on/off your insurance policy they are bound to determine you are a business at some point. Lawsuit insurance?

Wow, buzzkill? Have to assume OP has this stuff handled.

Pics or you didn't buy it.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Nice. The couple times I tried flipping a vehicle I got burned.

How so? As is, where is. Sell it for a profit, never get burned??? I don't get it??? Person comes back complaining about something, you tell them to kick rocks.

Yep, just finished scanning it as it has an ABS malf, it looks like a wheelspeed sensor.

It is a 3.8 badged as an LS model. Truly near perfect condition, drives like new, once I tinker with it and get the abs right we will put it out for sale.

And taxes on 800 bucks was a whopping 56.00! Not really going to hurt us much! And my insurance company is very happy anytime I add a car! Plus I like easy money.

This will be a great car for someone, these things can run forever, very reliable but boring car.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
BITOG special.

Are you doing the intake gaskets or are you going to straight flip it?

The car is being thoroughly cleaned and inspected. So far everything is great but the ABS. When the car is sold it will be in near perfect running condition. I won't be repairing anything that is not broken/damaged or needing repair.

This car was purchased new by the original owner and was very well maintained. It also has not sat around much as the Family drove it regularly up until we purchased it. It is a true cream puff and will serve someone very well.

Originally Posted by joegreen
where did you get it for 800? copart or something?

Never wrecked, one owner, always garaged. We work for the entire family and were offered the chance to buy it. They made the pricing, I drove it and ran to the bank. It's that clean!

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Originally Posted by Chris142
Nice. The couple times I tried flipping a vehicle I got burned.

How so? As is, where is. Sell it for a profit, never get burned??? I don't get it??? Person comes back complaining about something, you tell them to kick rocks.

No trying to steal your thread.Last time I bought a nice ATV. Yamaha Blaster.Got it cheap. Thing was clean,ran great etc. I sat on it for almost 2 years before I sold it for a $50 loss lol.

Last edited:
Yep, just finished scanning it as it has an ABS malf, it looks like a wheelspeed sensor.

It is a 3.8 badged as an LS model. Truly near perfect condition, drives like new, once I tinker with it and get the abs right we will put it out for sale.

And taxes on 800 bucks was a whopping 56.00! Not really going to hurt us much! And my insurance company is very happy anytime I add a car! Plus I like easy money.

This will be a great car for someone, these things can run forever, very reliable but boring car.

As I get older I like boring, the less drama the better. Do you have any pics.

I believe the ebay price on the car below was around $3300 and the reserve wasn't met. Your car is newer but more miles so they maybe comparable. You may want to post it for sale on here. $3k is very reasonable for that car all fixed up.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ghty-eight-with-36-000-miles#Post4900910

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back