Amazing restore of a floor jack

I couldn't do all that, it is a lot of work and I just don't have all of those tools.
My BIL has his own lathe for making his own parts when working on old Johnson & Evinrude outboard motors.
I watched the whole video, only skipping through some redundant parts and I didn't yawn once.

And when you see these floor jacks get put together/assembled, it makes you realize how much goes into them.
Of course, he is restoring one, not assembling from brand new. I may have gone for a different color.
I may have gone with black wheels and black lift plate & other trim etc.

Last edited:
I skipped around a lot but what caught my eye was how they made the repro HW brass plate.

Reactions: D60
The hardware plate at the end was truly impressive. This video convinced me that I need a lathe, blasting cabinet, welder, and of course, vinyl printer to do acid etching…

I liked how he blued many of the hardware bits - bolts/pins/shafts. I would’ve added a washer underneath the nut on the bottom of the shaft holding the release gear, and I would’ve put a bit of oil on some of those shafts, but that’s just me…

That is now my most favorite YouTube video. Extremely entertaining and satisfying. Thank you so much for posting CarLuver.

I skipped to the end for the name plate, that was interesting.

I love to watch this kinda thing but simply don't have the time to undertake such projects. The pride in craftsmanship is impressive but there's a cost to everything. Maybe when I'm retired -- yeah right!

I used to work with a guy that would repair hydraulic Barber chairs . He said it was a lot of work and people didn't want to pay him what his time was worth .

Back