Amazing nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find myself amazed at some of the nonsense you'll read on other automotive web sites about motor oil. Case in point posted on the BenzWorld forum:

quote:

the "w" and its number is ONLY ONLY ONLY!! the winter cold-start viscosity index.......this means, how much thicker it gets, when at 32 f , than it would be at room temperature....80 F........

Zero means it doesnt get any thicker, at 32, than it would be at 80.....this is good!!!! 15 means its CONSIDERABLY thicker at 32 f................

the second number in an oil ratiing, is its wieght.....30-40-50-60.............all 30's are 30...40's 40....etc. etc.....pertaining to oil weight at operating temperature....

lol.gif

It wouldn't be nearly as funny if he didn't sound so confident in his numbers!

quote:

Was that from an amsoil dealer??? and no one corrected him, either.

Hold on - I can't just let this one slide by. This is an allegation. Is it true? I'm tired of this crap - this nonsense that all Amsoil dealers are idiots or something worse.

Either have proof or don't write such things.

Despite his online name, I don't think he is a dealer. His website shows no sign of being a dealer.

Seems like he knows nothing about oil. The very basic Amsoil training material covers "W" just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back