Amazing Amazon

Realized the other day I didnā€™t have a strainer for the turkey gravy. I did an order too and it came yesterday. Here I was thinking I was the only oneā€¦

If you order something by 5pm, they will dump it on your porch between 2am and 5am.
For the order I posted about above, they told my wife delivery should be between 3 and 4 am šŸ˜³ They have their drivers out 24 hours a day ?? That's a bit excessive. I just don't think it's a smart idea to have their drivers running around neighborhoods and going up to houses at that time of night either.

Or go to the Walmart on Thomas Rd and get stabbed in the parking lot :ROFLMAO:
At least here, once it gets bad enough there's a 9-10 PM close time with an on duty cop out front. Some of the chain drug stores (Walgreens/CVS) close at like 6 or 8. Almost have to use Amazon.

At least here, once it gets bad enough there's a 9-10 PM close time with an on duty cop out front. Some of the chain drug stores (Walgreens/CVS) close at like 6 or 8. Almost have to use Amazon.
Yeah the Walmart near dishdude and I have police on patrol 24/7 :ROFLMAO:

I'm neither for nor against Amazon, in principle. I'm a Prime member, and make relatively frequent purchases albeit no where near the level of many. Sometimes, Amazon is the only option. Example: the clutch lever for my SO's Aveo is discontinued by GM. None of my local dealers could even order me one. Amazon not only had the OE part, it was Prime. $14 and I had it in 2 days vs. the dealer giving me the heave ho.

Same goes for the shift linkage I'll be replacing shortly. Again, NA from the OEM... found for $48 on Amazon. Prime, of course. Considering the supply chain issues currently, I'm lucky if I can get parts from my LOCAL suppliers in 2 days.

Sure, Amazon has it's shortcomings. However... one must applaud what they've done in the e-commerce space.

I'm looking at buying stuff right now, and nothing will be delivered until at least Sunday. How many days are they taking off for Thanksgiving?

What happened to Friday and Saturday?
I ordered (and got confirmation) 3 coils for the Buick on 12/15. As of today, they still do not show as shipped. Sold by Amazon directly and in stock. Should I chalk this up to holiday shipping/covid issues or something else? Order has not been canceled by me or Amazon and Amazon mentions in my confirmation email on the 15th that they will email me when the items ship. I went with Free shipping so I'm ok with a longer delivery time/window, but they don't show as having left the warehouse. I wonder what gives?

I get phenomenal service from Amazon...
First time ever a screw up.
Ordered a 3" topper king sized mattress...
Got it and it was a Queen...their mistake. I have to take it back to UPS.

Got the replacement today...another Queen...again their screw up.
At least they are paying the shipping but they should now have UPS pick up at my house.. It's all good.

At least they are paying the shipping but they should now have UPS pick up at my house.. It's all good.
If they mess up, do NOT allow them to inconvenience you by making you handle too much of the return process. If you use the website-based return process, it probably forces this on you so chat or call to get it fixed.

Back