AMAM's To Replace G-05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not sure if you are looking for only people who answer "yes", but as long as G05 is available, I'm not willing to use a general purpose coolant.

My FF G05 was in the 2300 for 6 years, and it appears protected the engine well.

Last edited:
I put Peak Long Life in our 06 Liberty nearly 2 years ago. I had picked up a couple gallons when it was on sale. I did a thorough flush. I have not noticed any issues, but I probably won't run it the full 5 years. I will probably also flush and go back to G05, not because of any problems, but just for peace of mind.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Why would you want to go out of your way to avoid G05 when its readily available?

Where in my original Q? did I ask what you asked? I asked if anyone has used AMAM's type coolant instead of G-05.

I have AMAM in my 99 Taurus, and it doesn't seem to be playing very nice, even with a VERY thorough flush it always has stuff floating in it. You may have seen my coolant filter thread, this system is dirty.

I have AMAM in my 99 Taurus, and it doesn't seem to be playing very nice, even with a VERY thorough flush it always has stuff floating in it. You may have seen my coolant filter thread, this system is dirty.

Really? Can you please post a link to it? Thanx.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Why would you want to go out of your way to avoid G05 when its readily available?

Where in my original Q? did I ask what you asked? I asked if anyone has used AMAM's type coolant instead of G-05.

In fairness, lots of people would have inferred the same as 901M. The term "replace" was used in the OP title

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Really? Can you please post a link to it? Thanx.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3400936/1

I don't think i can blame my issues on the coolant alone, but nevertheless the system in my vehicle is filty even after i flush the snot out of it. I even went as far as to replace the dirty overflow tank with a genuine Motorcraft and it got cloudy within a year again.

I think it's possible the Vulcan system is just bad to begin with. I was hoping the AMAM was going to produce less problems than the OEM coolant, and maybe it would have if i changed it sooner before the silicate got everywhere.

Something like this might work;
282j4zk.jpg

I have a picture of the Wix i took off before it got damaged but i haven't uploaded it yet. The Taurus is getting to the point where i am just going to let it run and keep doing flushes when necessary but i am just going to have to live with a "somewhat" dirty system.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Or you can invest a little change in a real coolant filtration system, like these NAPA units I have become so fond of.

Here's my story. I got the "bright" idea to install a dual remote oil filter setup. Added an 800HP oil cooler. The flex line off the oil filter adapter came off on the highway. Dumped all my oil out on the road and the cars behind me. Locked up my NEW engine with 2k miles on it. In went ANOTHER engine. I threw the remote filter and cooler setup in the garbage. Clamps were tight and so on. Checked them three times.

So for me, I wouldn't install any remote anything on my vehicles anymore. Lose one clamp and you are toast.

Plus I don't like the lines that you have rubbing on the frame and the untrimmed zip ties that will fail in time. You'd better safety wire those clamps on.

slomo

Last edited:
Remote coolant filter is low risk. No more than a heater core. Even if you dump all the water out, you have a couple minutes before the engine starts overheating...dependant on load of course.

I would never do a remote oil filter or cooler with hose clamps. Thats asking for trouble. I would use hydraulic fittings on the adapters and then have a shop make me up some hoses with crimped fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back