Amalie (supposedly the OEM for Bass Pro) 2 Stroke Oil... Decent quality?

I have used Walmart Super Tech TC W3 ($13 a gallon) for years but have stopped shopping at Walmart. It's the one thing I miss having access to. I trusted it in my chainsaws, lawn boy mowers, and boats because it ran clean with little to no smoke (40:1) and I never had a mechanical issue. Maybe ANY good TC W3 oil would do the same and I just shouldn't worry about it.

I ask about Amalie because Bass Pro sells a 2 stroke oil as a house brand that is supposedly made by this company and it's around $12 a gallon. Will my chainsaws survive? Seems to be a good price.

If it's TCW3 it'll be at least as good as the super tech.

Are you sure your chainsaws spec TCW3? Most of them spec Jaso FD or iso-egd.

If it's TCW3 it'll be at least as good as the super tech.

Are you sure your chainsaws spec TCW3? Most of them spec Jaso FD or iso-egd.

I'm sure they are not. But... I've used the Super Tech TC-W3 in all of my saws (Stihl and Poulan), mowers (Lawn Boy), and all other 2 cycle equipment (outboards, etc) for over a decade and have never had a fouled plug or failure with it. I read on several forums before I started using it and hadn't seen anything negative.

I'm sure they are not. But... I've used the Super Tech TC-W3 in all of my saws (Stihl and Poulan), mowers (Lawn Boy), and all other 2 cycle equipment (outboards, etc) for over a decade and have never had a fouled plug or failure with it. I read on several forums before I started using it and hadn't seen anything negative.

Sounds good if you're happy keep running it just checking to make sure you knew.

I'd use it without hesitation Amalie is a large respected private blander and depending on where you are there is a good chance Amalie makes the supertech anyway.

Sounds good if you're happy keep running it just checking to make sure you knew.

I'd use it without hesitation Amalie is a large respected private blander and depending on where you are there is a good chance Amalie makes the supertech anyway.

I believe you are right. I looked at TC-W3 certification from 2017 and Amalie is listed under the OEM for Super Tech. However, in 2020 they list Warren Oil. I suppose Walmart goes with the lowest bidder in oil like everything else.

I have been using Valvoline Multipurpose mix oil 4 4.99 A QT at Auto Zone for about 10yrs. I mix to 32:1. Works fine in weed wackers Stihl saw, and an 88 Lawnboy. If aircooleds like low ash ,wouldn't they like no ash better? Anyway, the oil is TC-w3 rated, and my aircooleds run fine on it mixed at 32:1 :cool:

Back