Am I the only one who goes around smelling oil cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering If I have a problem, or does everyone do this.
I find myself sniffing every oil can just to get a whiff of it, I realy don't know why. And for some reason I also like the smell of burning oil. I made a post a while ago about my engine leaking. The valve cover started leaking oil, but instead of changing the seal I drove around for a couple of weeks toping it off just to smell the oil burning off the engine. After that I changed the gasket and degreased the engine. Have I gone kookoo
grin.gif
pat.gif

Stay away from 300V if you've already got a problem. You'll be hooked for life!

Since dogs are quite fond of sniffing other dogs' butts, I imagine sniffing oil cans ain't too bad in comparison, although a burning oil smell fetish might be cause for concern??? I'll consult with my Golden Retriever and get back to ya...

You're sick!!
lol.gif
I guess it beats sniffing glue. Hey wait! I understand that GC smells like gummy bears. Hum! Maybe I might start sniffing this stuff. On second thought, you're not sick after all.
grin.gif

GC does smell good, I was so tempted to lick the dribbles from the bottle after pouring.
pat.gif

I do that too mostly to see if I can tell different brands by smell alone ( I always think that I may be getting plain Drive Clean in a Mobil 1 bottle one of our sister companies made bottles filled Mobil 1 Agip and some cheap store brands as well they only had two tanks to fill all that stuff from....) but then
spaz.gif
even same brands varry from grade to grade hmm... I am bam-boo-zzled

my wife's old clunker that leaked oil onto something hot smelled much better running pennzoil.
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
sniffing every oil can

The fact that you say oil can tells me you have been doing this a long time. It's oil bottles to noobies.

I still haven't gotten over the loss of the 24-can case of oil. 12 cans (or bottles) is something less -- but not a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back