Am I the last person to used Tabbed browsing..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, that's handy. No need for any Extensions either.

BTW, if you want extensive control over how Tabs are handled in Firefox, click the link above and install Tab Mix Plus.

At first nearly everyone, including myself, thinks it's pointless, then they try it out and love it. No more using up the entire taskbar, forum posts open while your busy without interupting. Give it a try, you probably will change your mind.

I just started recently
smile.gif

JMH

I think it's great. One tab is always here...one on My Ebay ..one on one other message board that I belong to...one that has whatever my last search brought me to.

For sniping on ebay it's great. Two tabs primed with your <1minute bid ..you tab and refresh your current page of the item. If another sniper clips you ..you tab to your backup snipe bid. A highly effective tactical utility in sniping.

I only tab browse with FF. IE at work doesn't have it - what a PITA.

I seem to have all that functionality plus some with my three or four various extensions. I'll try it deeper tonight (although I hate messing with a good thing)

I use FF mostly and have been known to have two to three windows open with multiple tabs inside. Generally the second window is spawned by html coding that opens a new window when I expect a click through. (The above plugin looks like it fixes that) Add an IE window and it's real fun trying to find where I left something.

True enough, I wouldn't have thought a pro-Firefox developed Extension would cause trouble like that.. ??

I installed Firefox 1.5 tonight. I like the new Tools/Options menu but it definitely seems slower than 1.0.7.

Prolly wouldn't be noticed on a real computer though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back