Am I going to die soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange marmalade on biscuits or toast. I left behind a trail of empty marmalade containers on breakfast tables across Scotland and England every time I've been.

I think sprintman thinks "cookie" when he hears biscuit.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
For [censored] sake what are 'biscuits'?

CheesyCheddarBiscuits.jpg

As an aside, the word biscuit comes from "bis coctus" (baked twice) and originally referred to a hard bread (Zwieback). The meaning changed over time, and now biscuit means different things not only in different languages, but it denotes very different things in English, depending on region.

In German, "Biskuit" refers to light and fluffy baked goods, which are made with an egg-rich batter, similar to angel food cake.

See, when I think of scones I think of a harder baked item. Not hard as a rock, but tougher than a (north american) biscuit. Like a muffin that was left in the oven a little too long.

Recipe that my Mun gave me for scones.

Flour - some (self raising)
Butter - some (the amount will become evident when incorporated)

Rub the butter through the flour with fingers to become crumbly like bread crumbs.

Add enough milk to make a firm dough, then bake.

They should rise about 50% more than those in Pablo's pic, and be placed on the tray upside down from the direction that they were cut.

Looking up "buiscuit" recipes, they are so close to scones...just add salt and eggs

Nan used to make "fried" scones to eat with bacon, so they aren't that far removed I don't think.

I'm a big fan of the Cracker Barrell for breakfast. Get the old timers breakfast

2 Eggs Benedict, Grits, Turkey Sausage and biscuits/corn bread.

The one thing that I really don't understand, I myself don't eat Pork, so never had the "real" bacon. My friends DIE for it, my fiance no longer eats it, but the smell just makes her crave it.

I've only ever had the Turkey, Chicken and Beef Bacon and honestly don't find it that good. The only "good" bacon was Butterball Turkey Bacon(this was good but not something i'd go coo coo for.).

So what is it? The taste? The "crunch", I dunno =|, sure as [censored] can't be the smell because to me the grease smell makes me want to up-chuck. Like sweet & sour chicken from a chinese restaurant, all the pure oil/grease smell kills me, broiled steaks are the same.

Last edited:
Nothing comes close to real pig bacon. Do yourself a favor and fry up a couple thick-sliced pieces of maple cured bacon from a real pig. It's wonderful. Fry two eggs in the grease and make some toast. Put a little syrup on there. Voila, breakfast sandwiches.

2 breakfasts every day if possible, because sometimes I'm so busy I didn't get to eat lunch.

Every calorie count, never miss a calorie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back