Am I going to die soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Anyone else here a hearty breakfast lover?

Coffee, a few Tylenol, and a cigarette.

It appears at least two people didn't realize I was joking. Let me state it loudly and clearly: IT'S A JOKE!

Hearty breakfast very good for u. my doctor recommends couple fried eggs with bacon and toast. studies show this is actually MORE healthy than so called "healthy" foods, because this keeps your weight down, and by some unknown method, fried eggs tend to keep your blood pressure down.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Well, I usually eat at least one egg for breakfast, usually with either fried potatoes or cheesy grits, and maybe twice a week, I throw in the good stuff; bacon or sausage. Always with some sour dough toast.

Sounds like the eating habits of my IT contacts at a company for whom I consult. He loves to brag about his hearty, greasy meals.

He's in his mid 40's and a couple weeks ago had his second stent put in.

Then again I knew a guy who was a total health nut. Organic this, low fat that, exercise regularly, avoided all fried food, ate very little meat.....etc...

Dropped dead while jogging in his late 40's. Heart attack.

I knew yet another guy that lived on beer, vodka, coffee, potted meat, bologna, camel cigatettes, and saltine crackers. Was killed in a car wreck in his late 80's.

Far more of our lives is determined BEFORE we are born than most people are willing to accept. Genetics is a beyotch.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Then again I knew a guy who was a total health nut. Organic this, low fat that, exercise regularly, avoided all fried food, ate very little meat.....etc...

Dropped dead while jogging in his late 40's. Heart attack.

I knew yet another guy that lived on beer, vodka, coffee, potted meat, bologna, camel cigatettes, and saltine crackers. Was killed in a car wreck in his late 80's.

Far more of our lives is determined BEFORE we are born than most people are willing to accept. Genetics is a beyotch.

Or even if the healthy guy didn't sleep well, that can trump all the "good" food he ate...
On average though I'd bet on the people who do eat and exercise well over those who don't.
I do find it a bit funny that there is more information available on what nutirients, minerals and metals are needed in the feed for my goats than there is for me... In our area there isn't much selenium in the soil so its added to the feed, I eat my goats so I assume I get some selenium that way but I don't really know.

My grandfather ate all the wrong things and always started his morning with coffee & creme, 2 eggs, toast, greasy undercooked bacon, toast with butta.

He lived to be 95 before he died of cancer, never had any heart problems.
shocked2.gif

I have about the worst diet of anyone I've met. Bacon, eggs, cheeseburgers, entire quarts of ice cream are my daily routine. I have extremely low bodyfat and I'm 6'1" 210lbs so I look very healthy. Unfortunately had some blood work done and my cholesterol is over 400.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I have about the worst diet of anyone I've met. Bacon, eggs, cheeseburgers, entire quarts of ice cream are my daily routine. I have extremely low bodyfat and I'm 6'1" 210lbs so I look very healthy. Unfortunately had some blood work done and my cholesterol is over 400.
shocked2.gif

I'm an all or nothing breakfast eater. When I do eat breakfast, there are eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits, etc. Most days I don't eat until lunchtime though.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: hr1940
My grandmother lived to her late 80's and ate eggs, biscuits or toast and bacon or sausage every day with whole milk and a few cups of black coffee and was always very active. My mother-in law is 99 and lives alone (still cooks for herself and lives in her own home) and eats the same way my grandmother did. A long life has more varibles than just diet. A good diet and exercise help but it is not the only thing.

Helen,

With genes like that in your family, I guess BITOG will be here for quite a while!
grin2.gif

That's amazing...!

Every day I become more convinced that your genes/heritage determine how long and healthy your life will be. No one in our family had died before 85 in a long time, except my father who smoked himself to death.RIP Dad. Mom is 86 and still alive and kickin. I could eat the bad breakfast thing every day 3 meals a day, but I doubt there is that much pork, eggs, and butter in the world.

Bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, tomatoes or baked beans, sausage, black pudding or some variant of that combination.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, tomatoes or baked beans, sausage, black pudding or some variant of that combination.

Thanks for that - I'm starving already!
thumbsup2.gif

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Usually, at work, I just have coffee and a Mojo bar, but on weekends, it's eggs, bacon and cheese on a biscuit from the local bakery or pancakes from a swedish style diner near the beach on LI... Or my all time favorite when I'm on vacation in Florida visiting the inlaws: Biscuits in sausage gravy with a side of grits. BEST ever.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Biscuits in sausage gravy with a side of grits. BEST ever.

You oughta see how we do it at the Fire Dept! It'll knock your socks off with some CATHEAD homemade biscuits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back