Am I going to die soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Well, I usually eat at least one egg for breakfast, usually with either fried potatoes or cheesy grits, and maybe twice a week, I throw in the good stuff; bacon or sausage. Always with some sour dough toast.

I can not do it. I can't eat cereal, or just toast, fruit, or any of that "good for you" stuff!

Maybe I'll change my mind of I ever get my cholesterol checked.

Anyone else here a hearty breakfast lover?

Last edited:
Nope, I always skip breakfast. If I skip breakfast I won't get hungry until 2 PM, if I eat breakfast my stomach is growling around 10 AM.

Have your wife make you something like french toast or grilled cheese sandwich instead of eating something greasy.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Anyone else here a hearty breakfast lover?

Nope. I'm actually OK with just a bowl of cereal. My g/f on the other hand doesn't eat breakfast at all. Sometimes skips lunch too because she's busy working.... can't get through to her that regular meals are important.

Seven days a week I eat the following for breakfast.

Two eggs, either over medium or scrambled.
Four strips of bacon or 3 sausage patties.
Two pieces of whole wheat toast with real butter.
A large glass of 2% milk.

Every once in a while I will splurge and substitute two pancakes for the toast.

Emmmmmmmmmm, good.

Not since i was a kid did I eat breakfast. Highschool and College I skipped it, and now I just eat either Cereal or a cheese(circassian cheese) and pita bread(like half a sandwhich). I honestly don't like it, but it helps boost your metabolism, and yes I am usually hungry by 10AM, so I eat the fruit I brought with me, then around 12-1PM I eat my lunch, and 4-6PM is dinner.

I hate breakfast though, you really can't have "variety". For a short while(i stopped and lost some weight thankfully) it was Dunkin Donuts for a medium coffee light with milk, and either a egg+cheese croisant or 3 cheese flatbread.

Now its just healthy stuff. Cereal is usually Grape Nuts!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Are you fat?

I'm slowly getting there!

I've lost 10 lbs though in the last month from doing yard work.

My grandmother lived to her late 80's and ate eggs, biscuits or toast and bacon or sausage every day with whole milk and a few cups of black coffee and was always very active. My mother-in law is 99 and lives alone (still cooks for herself and lives in her own home) and eats the same way my grandmother did. A long life has more varibles than just diet. A good diet and exercise help but it is not the only thing.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Emmmmmmmmmm, good.

Sounds good if you are doing some physical labor everyday. If I'm going to be in the woods cutting with the saw I'll have the "lumberjack" breakfast. Pretty much the same as yours except I have 4 or 5 eggs(we have free range chickens so I'm not too worried about bad cholesterol from them). I can go from 9 till 2 on that.
If I'm going to sit on my butt and make electrons fly around then its just a bowl of cereal.

I have to have a bowl of cereal with 1% milk or something else lighter for breakfast and a few kids vitamins, or I'm a zombie throughout the day.

When I don't have enough time for cereal, a Clif bar and water suffice.

My great great aunt lived to be 103 and she had black coffee and bacon for breakfast everyday.

When she finally went to the nursing home at the age of 99, they were giving her a hard time about her asking for that. She told them she was almost 100 and if she wanted to eat what she had been eating for the past century they should give it to her.

After retiring from being a nurse, she went and was the cook at a church camp well into her 90's before she stopped working for pay.

Probably doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for her.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
My great great aunt lived to be 103 and she had black coffee and bacon for breakfast everyday.

When she finally went to the nursing home at the age of 99, they were giving her a hard time about her asking for that. She told them she was almost 100 and if she wanted to eat what she had been eating for the past century they should give it to her.

After retiring from being a nurse, she went and was the cook at a church camp well into her 90's before she stopped working for pay.

Probably doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for her.

3 of my grandparents made into their 90's eating real food too, my Dad's father got lung cancer in his 50's as he smoked.
All of them were active too so I think that's the big part of being healthy at those ages. Also their food was less processed.
BHT and other preservatives added to most packaged things probably isn't helping any of us too much.
Also when the grains in many cereal are processed and extruded at high temperatures it makes all sorts of semi plastic compounds... I still eat them but my wife is pushing the oatmeal...

I have a couple of slices everyday. We usually get the center cut bacon, less fat. I do two eggs sunny, toast some whole wheat bread and have a cup or two of coffee.

It really helps prevent that mid morning hunger.

My numbers are fine, other than a slightly high BP, which I hope I have under control and get off my prescription by years end.

I eat whatever was leftover from last nights dinner. Either that or one of those pocket meals (hot pockets)

And whats with serving OJ, milk and cold cereal on a cold morning?

Last edited:
I eat cereal or oatmeal with a tiny amount of brown sugar and 1% or %2 milk. I usually put 5 prunes, er plums...on as well.

The plums don't do anything like you would think, I just like them.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Emmmmmmmmmm, good.

I see you are controlling your calorie intake by drinking 2% milk.

I don't believe any of that popular folklore about breakfast being the most important meal or eating before bed is the worst time as it will go to fat. Really the best time to eat is if 1) you are hungry, and 2) you want to eat. Nothing wrong with skipping a meal so long as you can eat when you want to.

What you eat is far more important than when you eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back