Alterntavies to Motorcraft FA-1893 ?

There are some reviews on amazon that made me hesitate ordering there, as some receive a "Made in USA" with black end capss and some have received "made in Mexico" with orange end "caps".
some suspect they might not be genuine MC parts.... no clue if that's true or not..
And some have written even the dealer stocks ones with orange "end caps"

Anyway, what would be a quality equal or better alternative to MC? Mann? Mahle? Baldwin? Purolator (But MC made Purolator anyway, or not??)

Thanks IA

I have not found that large enough difference in air filter brands for most to worry. I just order the cheapest from rockauto when I ordered something else.

The one you linked to looks to be pretty cheap. I see no issue using that one.

Thanks.
Yeah - If it was an oil filter I think I should be more concerned....

I am just going to go with the MC filter - Amazon or dealer (amazingly, sometimes my Ford dealer has parts for better prices than any online store).

Originally Posted by 97tbird
Thanks.
Yeah - If it was an oil filter I think I should be more concerned....

I am just going to go with the MC filter - Amazon or dealer (amazingly, sometimes my Ford dealer has parts for better prices than any online store).

The air filter is far more important than the oil filter. Just like the oil filter just by a quality brand and motor on.

when I took over a high mileage Ford F150 it had an off brand air filter (believed to be from a Firestone Tire Center) that did not fit very well...I replaced it with a Fram Extra Guard that fit tightly in the air box and has been fine for the nearly 7K miles it's been in there...

had I had more time I would have bought a Motorcraft OEM filter but having used this Fram I wouldn't hesitate to use this again when it's time to replace however...Fram say to replace the air filter after 12K miles whereas the Motorcraft states 30K miles for replacement...YMMV

last time I checked, the OEM Motorcraft was about a dollar more than the Fram...but I still have zero complaints with the Fram...

Bill

Last edited:
Back