Alternator Charging too long

I would want to see a drop to less than 1 amp going in.
1A @ 14.5VDC indicates a partially charged battery. I'd want to see a fraction of an amp at that voltage for a full battery.
A hygrometer [sic] would be the best way to tell how fully your battery is really charged, but current measurement while under charge can be informative.
As has been mentioned, the best way to determine state of charge is by using a hydrometer ... The backup method is to monitor how the battery charges (i.e., will it take a charge).

Perhaps you should do more careful reading and less typing.
Or you just like repeating what I said?
That's okay, but please don't reply to me like you're saying something new.

Last edited:
Not wise to "tap" into other circuits to run some dash cam. Don't mess with any yellow connectors (air bag).

Did you solder and heat shrink? Or some lack luster Scotch Locks?

Neither. I unplugged the female connector to the glove box light and pushed in a male connector that fit the glove box connector.

Yes I’m aware of yellow airbag connectors and will not go anywhere near them.

I don’t see anything wrong with tapping into circuits for a dashcam. A cigarette lighter USB adapter will draw less than 1A when powering dash cameras The extra current draw shouldn’t be a problem for most circuits. And the adapter has a fuse built in for shorts.

Tapping into circuits is problematic with high loads. You’ll definitely have problems powering a light bar through a single scotch lock crimped outside the car.

You said "a fraction", which could be 9/10.
Just as "wrong" as what I said.
Don't you worry about what I meant to say; save your "mansplaining" for someone else.
You‘ve never heard of context? If you don’t understand a word or words’ meaning, you can use the remainder of the sentence to understand what is meant. In this case, a fraction of an amp, in context and in response to your post, clearly means a small fraction.

Why are we arguing over this? You’re muddying the waters. A 1A charging rate at 14.4VDC doesn‘t equate to a full battery. That’s the end of the story.

You’re muddying the waters.
You conveniently changed the subject to one of trivial semantics.
A favorite tactic of trolls and trial lawyers.

When you feel compelled to repeat my posts, because nobody else can say it just right like you, don't use reply to draw my unneeded attention.
Never mind, the "Ignore" button will, I think, get it done.

That’s the end of the story.
Okay, so you're the magical motherfather with the authority to gavel the meeting closed. Good to know. :rolleyes:

Now, no doubt, you'll need to have the last word.
Have at it.

Back