almost 4K mi on Gold GC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its no earth shaker or anything but....

Im almost 4K miles into this drain interval and I have NO consumption whatsoever!! Just like it was with the old green GC. So far so good! Also, its been hotter here than at any other time ive ever ran GC in my 00' Golf 1.8T that has a boost cont. running an avg. 10psi of boost. (stock avg. is like 5psi)

So, maybe this IS the Castrol SLX Longtec after all! Unfortunately, if CAstrol really does move manufacturing to the States (as it did w/ the Belgium 5w-40) then Im out! I just dont trust Castrol employees and those in power to make this oil! PERIOD! Ill prolly go back to ExxonMobil and get M1 0w-40 (due to the gas crunch) or M1 5w-40 or Amsoil 5w-40. If i can afford it, itll be ELF 5w-40 or their 0w-30.

When i drain this interval, ill be sending it off for analysis as well as a 6K miles interval with green GC from this past later spring early summer.
Y'all keep your fingers crossed that this stuff will be as good as the old green and more importantly, stay around for a long while!!

ps. I can still get plenty of the Belgium 5w-40 and if I cant get GC (my AZ is out and has been for months) ill go w/ it and then test it too. Im trying to stay w/ Castrol until the 100K miles mark as I got like 84K now. Crap! Timing belt coming soon! Drats......

Our Golf 2.0 is about 2k miles in on the Gold. 2.0s are notorious for at least some oil consumption, and ours is no exeption. Its been drinking about 1/3qt every 1k miles...green or gold.

My mom has a 2001 VW Golf with the 2.0 engine and she's got green GC in there too. She is still under 5000 miles on this interval and I've needed to add about 1/2 a liter of oil so far. I guess that's not too bad for a 2.0!

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:

ps. I can still get plenty of the Belgium 5w-40 and if I cant get GC (my AZ is out and has been for months) ill go w/ it and then test it too. Im trying to stay w/ Castrol until the 100K miles mark as I got like 84K now. Crap! Timing belt coming soon! Drats......

My local AZ in beautiful downtown Lawrenceville always seems to have GC in stock. I bought some a couple weekends ago and they must have had 20+ quarts. All the bottles I saw were M0507.

If the L-Town store is out I go to the one on 29 in Lilburn. Between the two stores I've never had a GC supply problem since The Gods of the Green and Gold Elixir blessed us with this wonder oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back