All VW/Audi BITOGers chime in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a lot of us here on BITOG. So, I'm asking all current VW/Audi drivers to chime in with your particular VW/Audi & what type of motor oil(s) you run in them. One more thing that might be helpful is where you buy your oil.

I'll start. Mine is a 2000 VW GTI 1.8T. I use "green" GC & M1 0w40. "Little Red" doesn't seem to have a favorite (yet). I buy my oil at AZ. I also picked up 10 qt's. of M1 0w40 recently from a fellow BITOGer.
smile.gif

2004 A6 2.7T (twin turbo); nothing but the Elixer of Love, Life, Lubricity and Audi Twin Turbo Awesome Tribological Triumph...er...ness...er..icity...well...anyhow; I buy it the only place you can in South Canada
canada.gif
, Autozone, and I probably have more in my stash then all the Autozones in town combined...now whether that is good or bad depends on your perspective and on your need to prove to a large gathering of Elvish ones that you do think they are the greatest.
wink.gif

I used Castrol Syntec 5W-50 for years with seeminly very good results. No sludge, cclean engine, no/low oil consumption.

I then went to M1 0W-40 and hated it. Keep in mind I have the 2.8 V6 12 valve motor, so my results don't really mean anything for your 1.8T!

Then I went to M1 5W-40 and I liked that oil a lot. I'm now using Delo 400 15W-40 for an ARX rinse, and will at least for one OCI go back to M1 5W-40.

2002 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L. Currently using 5W-30 Valvoline. Will probably use 10W-40 or 15W-40 next oil change. Usually buy oil at Kragen.

From my sig I'm obviously one..
smile.gif

'00 B5 Variant 1.8T Tip. Prior runs of a couple ocis of 5w40 Synpower after the freebie dealer oils..then moved up to several ocis of Motul 6100 Synergie 5w40(all pre-Bitog days). Last Motul fill at 45k, then added Auto-RX for 2k cleanse at 46k. Changed to Rotella T 5w40 at 48k for 2k ARx rinse ending at 50k.

Now with GC in at 50,300+mi and my 1.8T is loving it...

Aiming to stash more!
grin.gif

[ April 27, 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

2003 VW Jetta TDI. Except for the factory fill Castrol GC 5w40 changed at 5k OCI, I have been using Delvac 5w40. (aka Mobil One Truck & SUV 5w40) Since Delvac 5w40 was not commonly available then (early 2003) as it is now, I bought 8 gals (2 cases) at one of the local truck stop vendor locations in San Jose CA. I still have app 100,000 more miles till my stash of 1 gal containers runs out.

1992 VW Golf, 1.6 NA diesel, 400,000 km. I used Rotella 0w40 which I destroyed in 5 months of winter. Now I'm trying Esso 0w40. For the gearbox I use CanadianTire 75w90 semi-synth. Well, until I can find a local supply of synthetic GL4.

Steve

2003 vw beetle 2.0 eng i use mobil 1 0w40.
2000 vw beetle tdi eng i use mobil truck & suv 5w40. both with 5000 mile oil change.
grin.gif

[ April 27, 2005, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: tdi jerry ]

The 2002 Audi TT Quattro Roadster - bright red w/ charcoal leather - with the 225 Hp turbo and the close ratio six speed manual transmission.

I've run the following oils so far, since I use my vehicles as testbeds:

1) Amsoil 10w-40 for 5500 miles - the car had 14,500 when I got it and I wanted to get back on the 10k service schedule
2) Amsoil 10w-30 for 9500 miles
3) Amsoil S2000, 0w-30 for 10,000 miles
4) Amsoil 5w-40; currently @ 6500 miles.

I like the 30wts the best for performance, and the wear rates were the same for the 10w-40 and 10w-30. I was in a hurry and didn't test the S2000 before changing it.

Following this 10,000 mile run, I'll be testing the Series 3000, 5w-30, which uses an additive package that's similar to the 5w-40 (trying to avoid additive "clash" in my testing).

Tooslick

2003 VW Golf GL 4dr 2.0/Auto
This car 'grew up' on Rotella Syn. 5W40(5k OCI) but I've since switched to GC 0W30.
I purchased all of my Rotella from Wallyworld. GC=AZ....duh
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Reg# 43897:
I buy it the only place you can in South Canada [Canada]

And by that you mean... what exactly?

1.8T & GC.

Where is the US in relation to Canada?
smile.gif
And where in Canada can you buy GC? Two places that I know of (Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart)...and where can you buy it in the US? 1 place: Autozone. It was meant to be a kind of compliment.

[ April 27, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

2000 Beetle GLS with the 2.0 AEG motor. I was using GC but have recently switched to XD-3 0w30 (sorry Pscholte). I've been contemplating using XD-3 0w40 since the Beetle manual calls for 5w40. I'll tell you though, I really miss the uniqueness of pouring green oil into my car. I wonder if I could add green food dye to the XD-3 to simulate....ah it wouldn't be the same...

When I decide to change the xd-3 out, I might run the Gold Castrol just because. Plus, I have this fancy oil vacuum pump from Blackstone, so I can pull UOA's whenever I please while using the Gold. If it looks good, I'll leave it in. Unfortunately, I don't have a UOA on this car with GC to compare the GoC to.

2000 GTI VR6 35,950 miles.I love the smoothness and torque of the VR6.

Currently filled with GC and using a Hengst cartridge filter(filter from online store,GC from oil distributer).

I think I will go with Supertech 5W30,10W30 or 10W40 for my next oil change though as
I think i'm over the whole synthetic oil thing.

Alan

offtopic.gif

This is my 3rd VW.First one was a 90 16v Passat,second a 96 Golf 2.0L and now with my VR6 GTI.All were good cars that never left me stranded.

My 30v Avant is on T&S, Mobil 1 0w-35 is next.
The older Coupe GT just came off GC and now has a synth homebrew because we are selling it before next oci. Mom's 12 V6 has a Delo/Havoline Synth mix..it got dirty FAST. I'll probally drain 4q and refill with fresh Delo to thicken it for the rest of the summer. A rescued 12v 90q I am doing engine work on will see some leftover USED Havoline Synth I dropped early from my car as a post toxic flush, some Valvoline Premium Blue for ARX, a quickie Supertech flush and then longer Rotella Synth rinse just to go back to T&S for wintertime in this sludge machine. I have a LOT of oil on hand and a lot of cars to work on.

2003 2 door Golf TDI 5 speed.

55k miles. Use Mobil Delvac 1 (one interval I used Shell Rotella T Syntehtic) and OEM filters.

I love the car and will most likely buy another, but the majority of the dealership service departments are completely incompetent. My front swaybar bushings started creaking around 23k miles (not uncommon for MKIV), it went back to the dealership 6 times and was not fixed once despite me telling them what the problem was 5 of those times. Finally I just bit the bullet and bought the parts and paid an independent $60 to install them. However on the bright side I have new endlinks, the front suspension has been retorqued and "lubed" 5 times.

Current car is a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo running Mobil 1 15w50 and Mahle Filter.

While this would seem to be
offtopic.gif
if you have ever owned a 944 you will get the "nice Audi" or "nice VW" ribbing from 911 purists in reference to the predecessor 924 which started life as a Porsche design for VW, with an Audi engine.

Thank God for the Cayenne.

2001 New Beetle, 1.8 Turbo, 13,000 miles, auto trans which blew
up @ 4,000 miles.
Was using the series 2000 Amsoil 0W-30 but since the new European 5W-40 came out have been using that.
This is the wife's car, hardly broken in.

My ride is a '04 Acura TL which gets the series 2000 0W-30,
Completely change the ATF to Amsoil ATF. Great car.

I wanted to change the auto trans to Amsoil ATF but the dealer says this unit is closed and do not recommend doing anything with it.
Whenever a problem occurs with these trannys they just throw them away and put a new one in.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back