All Valero stations in PA = no ethanol?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to pure-gas.org, all Valero stations in PA serve 100% gas?? Is this true? If so, I'm in luck... all 3 local BP stations just became Valeros in the last couple weeks :)

What's interesting is that Valeros in other states aren't listed (NY for example).

I'm not sure what the deal is with BP here in central PA. 3 of them are changing their signage to Valero this week (Mifflinburg, Lewisburg, Selinsgrove). Could just be one particular franchisee, or is it a regional sell-off??

Thanks for posting this link. I believe that I have one valero not too far from me that is not on the map shown here. been looking for 100% gas for the last couple of months for my bass boat and may have found it. will have to see if that station I am thinking of really is a Valero. I too have noticed that the BP stations are going and mine have been replaced with Exxon.

Stopped in to the "new" Valero (old BP) in Mifflinburg today and asked the guy if they have ethanol in their fuel. He wasn't sure, except to confirm that if they had ethanol in the fuel, the pumps would have to be labeled. And there is no label on the pumps.

He didn't exactly instill a ton of confidence in me (or himself, either!) but we both walked through the "if A=B and B=C then A=C" logic and just nodded our heads, and considered the problem solved
54.gif

Originally Posted By: truav8r
Stopped in to the "new" Valero (old BP) in Mifflinburg today and asked the guy if they have ethanol in their fuel. He wasn't sure, except to confirm that if they had ethanol in the fuel, the pumps would have to be labeled. And there is no label on the pumps.

He didn't exactly instill a ton of confidence in me (or himself, either!) but we both walked through the "if A=B and B=C then A=C" logic and just nodded our heads, and considered the problem solved
54.gif

Dont rely on him, do your own test. See my first post in this thread. Might want to wait a while so all of the BP labeled fuel is "washed" down with Valero gas.

According to my records, I last purchased gas at the Valero station in Zelienople, PA in December. It **DID** have an e-10 sticker, so unless something has changed in the intervening months, pure-gas.org is incorrect.

It's only as accurate as us getting out and updating it. Instead of complaining, maybe we should make sure our areas are correct on the site???

Wow, what a novel idea...

Originally Posted By: elwaylite
It's only as accurate as us getting out and updating it. Instead of complaining, maybe we should make sure our areas are correct on the site???

Wow, what a novel idea...

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ffracer
no gasoline in NY is ethanol free by law. There are other states like this too.

I don't think that's true. I bought E-free gasoline upstate several times last year. All of the counties in the downstate area are required to have ethanol as a oxygenate though.

I bought some of the Non ethanol gas in Daytona Beach and my quads ran like [censored] on it, not even as good as the Ethanol gas. It was unbranded gas, so that could have alot to do with it and all he sold was the 87. Who knows what garbage it is. I know when he first started selling it, people were lining up to get it, especially boaters and lawn care people. Now I dont see anyone there and I dont buy it anymore either. I am thinking they had the same results, I had. If the guy would start using a higher quality gas, it would be a goldmine. He was getting about .30 a gallon more for it.

Originally Posted By: FusilliJerry82
Where does it say all Valeros in PA are ethanol free? All I see is a list of different individual stations.

It used to be at the top, someone, presumably someone from this site, changed it. Anyone can add a station, it does not get reviewed.

Originally Posted By: truav8r
I'm not sure what the deal is with BP here in central PA. 3 of them are changing their signage to Valero this week (Mifflinburg, Lewisburg, Selinsgrove). Could just be one particular franchisee, or is it a regional sell-off??

BP is pulling out of 26 counties in PA by June 30th.

BP cuts brand in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back