All-Terrain but Winter Biased

So Nokian Outpost from December-March, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season Plus 4 from March to July, Outpost again July-Sept, Michelin PSAS4 again Sept-December?

Definitely give us reviews of the Outpost (and put on your YT channel etc for hits) so others can get data. Maybe they will replace my father-in-laws Wildpeak trails next time.

From my discussion with my tire guy, the outposts were supposed to be manufactured in Ukraine, and, while they show up on the website, actual tire are not available. I put a set of Firestone weathergrip in that size on the van a couple of months ago.

edit: looks like they may be manufacturing them in Ohio. That would be great.

So Nokian Outpost from December-March, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season Plus 4 from March to July, Outpost again July-Sept, Michelin PSAS4 again Sept-December?

Definitely give us reviews of the Outpost (and put on your YT channel etc for hits) so others can get data. Maybe they will replace my father-in-laws Wildpeak trails next time.
Yep that's the plan. That makes for a lot of switching. But I suppose that's the norm for many off-roaders. Some I know have 3 sets of tires.

The PSAS4s are surprisingly far and away from all the other UHP A/S pretty decent in the snow from what I've experienced myself so far, and based on its reviews on both TyreReviews and TireRack. These should cover me the rest of the year I think.

From my discussion with my tire guy, the outposts were supposed to be manufactured in Ukraine, and, while they show up on the website, actual tire are not available. I put a set of Firestone weathergrip in that size on the van a couple of months ago.

edit: looks like they may be manufacturing them in Ohio. That would be great.

Apparently, Nokian broke ground in a new production facility in the USA back in 2017; my local tire person says they just opened for production and that Nokian has closed their factory in Russia for good, as Nokian is a Finland company and Finland as a close relationship with NATO (they're not a member per se). Cool that the tire person knows about this stuff.

So MADE IN USA should be on the tire I would think. Another reason to switch to Nokian perhaps.

Last edited:
Back