ALL SEASONS (3PMSF rated)

hi, i am looking for a decent AS, currently have crossclimate+. 195/65/15
this is ok, but can be hard in winter, and louder at times. (after 2years, still 5mm left)
it seems goodyear has positive reviews, but i am wondering if little cheaper a good set can be bought.

anything more comfy and quieter ? also looking to change -> 205/50/17 :unsure:
3MPSF_symbol-300x300.jpg

Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is what I just had my mom buy. It was the cheapest set of tires I could find that didn't say "Primewell" or some other garbage brand on the side. They're supposed to be VERY quiet for an all terrain, and also carry the 3PMSF rating. They're being installed today, so no experience yet. I'll report back once I know something.

Edit: This tire may not be relevant to your desired sizes...

Check out the Sumitomo P03 Tire Rack review A reasonable high speed AS and did well in snow. Only 45,000 warranty but just what I wanted.

OK. But check out the Tire Rack review anyway. They are whisper quiet on my 300. May be what the OP is looking for despite your opinion. He is in Europe.

Last edited:
I would take a hard look at nokian wrg4 and vredestein quatrac pro

edit: just noticed europe location not sure what you have over there.
Europe doesn't have the Nokian WR G4, they have the WeatherProof and SeasonProof.

The Nokian WR G4 is based on the Central European WR A4 tire when it comes to the tread pattern.

put a set of the mentioned Nokians on girlfriends 18 kia optima, pretty quiet + a nice ride. only 10 thou so far + less than usual Pa snow so cant really comment except the OE's were poor in the little snow they seen. for best snow traction buy 4 SNOW tires a bit less wear but so what you are safer!!

I had a set of Vredestein Quatrac 4 and a set of Quatrac 5 tires on my Prius and could not tell any difference whatsoever between them and any other all seasons I had on the car. They were fine tires, but not in any way better the Altimax RT43.

OP, I like the ride that my set of BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT with the 3PMSF symbol rating give my Honda CR-V. But to start with the CR-V ain't known for a bad ride, so how much of that good ride for my bad back is from the tires is questionable. As for noise, they would be a step in the wrong direction, compared to the crossclimate+ from what I have read in the reviews of both. I drive with the window up 99 % of the time and also on lower speed roads, and am always paying the stereo. The few times I ran them on the highway they were noticeably noisy. So they are good at road bump absorption, and lower in price, but noisy at high speeds. Some reviews of them said they handle poorly at high speeds. But the highway driving I have done showed no problems. Maybe others drive much faster than I.

OP, I like the ride that my set of BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT with the 3PMSF symbol rating give my Honda CR-V. But to start with the CR-V ain't known for a bad ride, so how much of that good ride for my bad back is from the tires is questionable. As for noise, they would be a step in the wrong direction, compared to the crossclimate+ from what I have read in the reviews of both. I drive with the window up 99 % of the time and also on lower speed roads, and am always paying the stereo. The few times I ran them on the highway they were noticeably noisy. So they are good at road bump absorption, and lower in price, but noisy at high speeds. Some reviews of them said they handle poorly at high speeds. But the highway driving I have done showed no problems. Maybe others drive much faster than I.
I have the same tires on my Grand Caravan. They definitely make a little bit of noise, but they’re no louder than the Michelin’s that were on it prior, but even at 85mph they felt great.

Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is what I just had my mom buy. It was the cheapest set of tires I could find that didn't say "Primewell" or some other garbage brand on the side. They're supposed to be VERY quiet for an all terrain, and also carry the 3PMSF rating. They're being installed today, so no experience yet. I'll report back once I know something.

Edit: This tire may not be relevant to your desired sizes...
Well, the initial (2-hour) verdict is in. They look awesome, and they are "undeniably quieter" than her old set (Falken Wildpeak H/T HT01A 99S All-Season). Considering this is the same woman that couldn't tell her old vehicle's sway bar links and struts were rattling at an insane volume even after telling her hundreds of times and claimed "I can't hear anything..." and these A/T tires are "undeniably quieter" than her old H/T tires, I call this a win! I'll report back once my own ears have been for a ride.

hi, i am looking for a decent AS, currently have crossclimate+. 195/65/15
this is ok, but can be hard in winter, and louder at times. (after 2years, still 5mm left)
it seems goodyear has positive reviews, but i am wondering if little cheaper a good set can be bought.

anything more comfy and quieter ? also looking to change -> 205/50/17 :unsure:

If you are planning to go 195/65/15 to 205/50/17 and you are looking for more comfy and quieter then you are going in wrong direction. Especially "more comfy" part per my definition of "comfy".

If I am not mistaken Michelin Crossclimate are already quite comfortable. What does "tyre euro label" say about your current tires?
Maybe Crossclimate 2 is more comfortable? They are worse in the wet but with better tread wear, AFAIK.

Best of luck!

Krzys

If you are planning to go 195/65/15 to 205/50/17 and you are looking for more comfy and quieter then you are going in wrong direction. Especially "more comfy" part per my definition of "comfy".

If I am not mistaken Michelin Crossclimate are already quite comfortable. What does "tyre euro label" say about your current tires?
Maybe Crossclimate 2 is more comfortable? They are worse in the wet but with better tread wear, AFAIK.

Best of luck!

Krzys
The CC2 are not available in Europe yet.

Euro tyre label:

The EU label only tells you noise output, does not imply anything about the comfort (ride characteristics) of the tire.

Back