All Quiet on the Western Front. - Netflix

If you haven't already seen it I recommend it. Very Saving Private Ryan-esque. A good reminder of they way things were and are today.

Side note: Apparently the book was banned in Nazi Germany due to its antiwar message. The author, a former German soldier who was wounded during WW1, fled to the US. The Nazi's executed his sister out of spite.

I'm not sure if this series is related to the book at all, though it sounds like it is. The book, All Quiet on the Western Front is really good and quite eye-opening regarding the physical and mental trauma WW1 soldiers endured.

The original and the 70's remake are also good in their own ways. The first as a classic movie (over) acted as was the style of the day and the made for TV remake was surprisingly good considering it starred John Boy and Capt. McHale:) Seriously, it is a very good remake.

I will see the latest one at some point.

If you haven't already seen it I recommend it. Very Saving Private Ryan-esque. A good reminder of they way things were and are today.

Side note: Apparently the book was banned in Nazi Germany due to its antiwar message. The author, a former German soldier who was wounded during WW1, fled to the US. The Nazi's executed his sister out of spite.
I saw it and enjoyed it

One member decided to turn a movie review into a political rant. Lock time. Sorry.

Edit - Member on vacation, thread unlocked.

Last edited:
Back