All New 2021/2022 Ford F-150

Just revealed last night:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...t-for-getting-things-done-ford-f150.html

10-speed auto on everything

Most powerful powertrain (for now) will be a 3.5 EcoBoost Hybrid.

Other engines are the 3.3, 2.7 EcoBoost, 5.0 V8, 3.5 EcoBoost, and the 3.0 Diesel

Keeps aluminum body, AC bed power up to 7.2kw and a 240v outlet on the hybrid.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The full EV version won't be out for at least 2 years, so Ford will be yet another company to lose out on a market segment to Tesla.

Looks very previous generation GMC Sierraish. Not complaining, normally it takes me awhile to warm up to redesigns but I already like this one right off the bat.

I often think about what reactions would have been in the 1960's if someone would have predicted trucks with 10 speed transmissions, aluminum bodies, 2.7 liter (160 c.i.) engines, 240 volts with a touch screen and 12,000 lbs of towing. And that most manufacturers no longer make two-door pickups

Originally Posted by buddylpal
Looks very previous generation GMC Sierraish. Not complaining, normally it takes me awhile to warm up to redesigns but I already like this one right off the bat.

I see a lot of the GMC Sierra styling on the front end as well. Again not necessarily a bad thing. I was expecting perhaps the 5.0 might be dropped for a smaller displacement V8. When you are Ford and are dealing with the F150, your bread and butter, you win by not rocking the boat too much. They will sell these like hotcakes and that comes from a GM truck guy.

The first pic in the limited trim looks good. I like the new grill compared to the older one that has the middle bar that sort of stretched into the light fixture area. I think I still like the newer Ram best as far as the exterior looks and probably interior. I like the F150's engine options best though and having the hybrid with the electric outlets and better city mpg is a huge bonus in my book.

I am very excited for the Powerboost to hit the used market after someone else takes the depreciation hit from new and beta tests them. Depending on how the vehicle manages replenishment of the hybrid battery when the truck is parked and the inverter is being used, this could be a game changer for camping with a travel trailer and no electrical hookups, not to mention the available assist from the electric motor(s) while towing.

Copy and paste:

F-150 also adds 10 new driver-assist features and is the only pickup to offer Active Drive Assist, which allows for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada. Its advanced driver-facing camera tracks head position and driver eye gaze to enable hands-free driving when available.

The bed seat things looks kind of cool and clever, as does the hideaway shifter that allows for essentially a table for your lunch, laptop, or whatever right there at the front seats

If you read the article(s) around the web concerning the introduction they are not really not "all new". But an extensive refresh. There is a difference.

That being said-they are evolutionary-and will keep Ford owners with older trucks in the Ford pickup family when time to buy new. However-they will have very little conquest sales from other manufacturers.

Originally Posted by CKN
If you read the article(s) around the web concerning the introduction they are not really not "all new". But an extensive refresh.

No wonder I haven't noticed much difference.

Originally Posted by CKN
If you read the article(s) around the web concerning the introduction they are not really not "all new". But an extensive refresh. There is a difference.

That being said-they are evolutionary-and will keep Ford owners with older trucks in the Ford pickup family when time to buy new. However-they will have very little conquest sales from other manufacturers.

Ford fell short in their interior design and especially the materials used not only in the F150 but also the new Explorer. I would expect the same type of redesign done on the Explorer ASAP.

I see a potential $100K truck................... er. office, camper, work center, etc.
lol.gif

Last edited:
All good. As long as the 5.0 is there for the traditionalists, the diesel for the Diesel Freeks, and the 2.7 and 3.5 Eco Boost for Turbo fans, all is well.
Nice looking as to boot.

01.gif

Last edited:
By the time it's all said and done Ford will have a half a dozen front end styles to pick from.
First picture is a limited, highest trim level and in my opinion a little to much plastichrome.
I'll bet they sell a lot of them through.

Back