All In One (AIO) Sealants - Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us don't have the dedicated time, money or facilities to do professional quality detailing that we all know would bring out the best shine & protection for our cars.

This is where AIO Sealants seem to be a godsend:
Saves time while protecting & shining.

My weapon of choice is Optimum's Poli Seal & Opti Seal.
& then follow-up with strategic polishing if needed.

What is every1's opinion of AIO Sealants or any tips you might have?

I have been using Klasse AIO & SG (Sealant Glaze) for about 8 years on all of our cars. Outstanding product. I will never wax again.

I detail lots of cars and have had great results with Jeff Werkstatt products. their prim or prime strong is a great paint cleaner. combine that with trigger , their spray sealant you get a lot of protection in a short amount of time. if you have metal flake, white or silver car , they really pop. it is also very easy to use and I can do about 25-30 cars with one bottle of each product.

I detail my cars every 6 months. I do typically use a compound like Ultimate Compound and then use my favorite AIO, Duragloss 501, followed a day later by Collinite 845. This combination lasts the full 6 months and the cars look great for said period.

I love 501 because it has both strong cleaners and nano-abrasives, doesn't stain trim, is very easy to apply and remove, it lasts a long time and is very inexpensive. I doubt I will ever try another AIO sealant.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I have been using Klasse AIO & SG (Sealant Glaze) for about 8 years on all of our cars. Outstanding product. I will never wax again.

Ive used that and have been real happy with it. Currently Im running zaino and collinite, and have found the zaino to last a bit longer.

May try to run some tests though to verify...

I have used both the Klasse and Zaino AIO products. I love how both products look,and both are easy to apply and remove. I just ordered some Duragloss 501 and the 601 bonding agent. I have also used Collinite 845 and 476. None of the products I've tried have held up very well. Hopefully the Duragloss will do the trick.

I prefer Duragloss #105 as it has less cleaners than #501. Using either one will work wonderfully as an AIO. They can also remove minor marring when used like a machine applied polish. Both are pad dependent. The cleaning ability of #501 is really superior.

Quote:

I'm confused......using a polish after Poli seal or Opti seal would remove them. Why would you do that?

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Quote:

I'm confused......using a polish after Poli seal or Opti seal would remove them. Why would you do that?

Sorry I miswrote. You are correct, strategic heavier polishing before Opti if Poli didn't do the job!

I prefer Duragloss #105 as it has less cleaners than #501. Using either one will work wonderfully as an AIO. They can also remove minor marring when used like a machine applied polish. Both are pad dependent. The cleaning ability of #501 is really superior.

I have found that DP Poli-Coat works better than Duragloss #105. Better shine, better cleaning, and much easier application and removal.

Thanks, I haven't used DP Poli-Coat. I can't fathom how application and removal could be easier than either of the Duragloss products.
Sounds like it would be better compared to #501 with your better cleaning statement.

I will recommend an easily available and inexpensive product we have discussed before, Eagle One Gelwax. Some say it doesn't last very long but I keep my Mustang in very good condition and wax it often. The Gelwax is so easy to use and gives a great shine and smooth finish. People comment on it all the time.

Eagle One Gelwax is not an AIO or all in one product. It's simply a wax in gel form.

To better define the term AIO:
An All In One Polish will remove oxidation, minor swirls, old wax, and other surface blemishes; leaving a beautiful and deep shine.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Duragloss 101 is an excellent AIO as well...

Thanks for that. I just sent Duragloss an email asking what the primary difference is between #101 and #105. Seems like they do the same thing.

Please post their response. Ive heard that 501 has stronger cleaners. I am not sure if the 101 has the nano-abrasives like the 501. In my mind, the 501 is the better AIO. They are both very easy on and easy off and last a very long time.

To better define the term AIO:
An All In One Polish will remove oxidation, minor swirls, old wax, and other surface blemishes; leaving a beautiful and deep shine.

It all varies between various AIO products. They have have some cleaning ability, but most of them use oils to HIDE, not remove swirls and scratches.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Autopian's like 501 better.

Most detailing sites I have visited prefer Duragloss. It's unbeatable when you take the price, longevity, the fact that it doesn't stain trim, and it's easy on and off. Also, the 501 with the strong cleaners and nano-abrasives is a true AIO and will remove oxidation and minor swirls and scratches.

Originally Posted By: Capa
Please post their response. Ive heard that 501 has stronger cleaners. I am not sure if the 101 has the nano-abrasives like the 501. In my mind, the 501 is the better AIO. They are both very easy on and easy off and last a very long time.

Here is what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry and using Duragloss!
The only difference between 101 and 105 is 105 has more cleaning properties in it. They both give the same durability and long lasting shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back