All-In-One (AIO) Polish and Sealant Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread again.

Today, I had the perfect candidate for an AIO - an older, silver Accord that needed a quick clean-up before being listed for sale.

In the 102F heat, Speed was the only product (also tried M205 and GPS) that was easily removable in direct sunlight. (M205 isn't an AIO, but I was looking for the quickest solution with decent cut to get this car done.) HD Speed also gave much better gloss than GPS.

I used HD Speed and a B&S orange pad on the large-throw Rupes 21, and it gave a significant improvement with only a few passes. I did a final wipedown with Optimum Car Wax due to the poor durability of HD Speed.

The end result was a glossy finish, light correction and only 2 hours of polishing. I would call that a win!

When it comes to working in the sun, my suggestion besides try not to, is to have a bucket of rinseless wash on hand beside the panel. Before working each section of the panel, generously go over it with the mitt soaked in the rinseless wash and wipe it off with a drying towel. This cools the panel down enough that even in the sun with dark colored cars I'm able to polish with most any polish or compound.

The difference being I would need a sun friendly wax like NXT or Ultimate Wax.

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
When it comes to working in the sun, my suggestion besides try not to, is to have a bucket of rinseless wash on hand beside the panel. Before working each section of the panel, generously go over it with the mitt soaked in the rinseless wash and wipe it off with a drying towel. This cools the panel down enough that even in the sun with dark colored cars I'm able to polish with most any polish or compound.

The difference being I would need a sun friendly wax like NXT or Ultimate Wax.

Hmm, that's actually a great idea as long as you are not in direct sun. I will have to give it a try. Thanks

Actually depending on the color of the car, lighter cars this cools the panels enough that direct sun is not even a problem. The silver Honda you worked on I would have no trouble in the sun other than I'd be dripping sweat on the panels.

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
Actually depending on the color of the car, lighter cars this cools the panels enough that direct sun is not even a problem. The silver Honda you worked on I would have no trouble in the sun other than I'd be dripping sweat on the panels.

Well, YMMV. You also have to consider the amount of heat that your correction process is generating. Some paints will get hotter than others, large-throw DAs generate a lot more heat than your typical DA with an 8mm throw. Some products are more tolerant of heat than others. Etc.

Regardless, HD Speed had no problems in this application. GPS was OK but did not deliver quite the results I was looking for. M205 on foam may have been OK, but I needed a bit more cut and the MF pads did that - but also created a bit more heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back