All I could think of was Chevy Chase in Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS, when I was a kid, Dad used to pick us up after school Friday afternoon, and drive 500 miles to relations place, stay overnight, have breakfast, visit different relation. Have morning tea, vist different relation. have lunch, visit different relation, have dinner, and stay there.

Following morning (Sunday), we'd have breakfast, and go to the next place. Have Morning tea, go to the next place, have lunch, then drive 500 miles home.

2 adults and 3 kids in a Datsun 120Y. My sister's wheelchair didn't fit in the boot (trunk) so was jammed between the driver's seat and the back seat.

And we didn't dare muck up.

Whatever happened to the license plate game?

I wonder if kids that age would be entertained by a laptop computer with GPS. Then they'd know for sure if they were there yet, and also know the name of every two-bit river and crossroad that're coming up. And it doesn't pander like the DVD; it's active and got them looking out the window.

This isn't a 500 mile trip this is a 3000 mile trip. One day even two days isn't that hard on kids. When you start looking at 5 days in a car for 10 hours or more each day these kids are going to be a pain. And it isn't going to be an are we there yet it's going to be I'M BORED.
I have friends with kids and they have no problem with a 300 to 500 mile trip with their small children. I read this post to several of my employees with kids between 3 and 14yrs and you should have seen their faces. One just started laughing (Has 3yr and 6 yr old daughters) and said better her than me.

This was too funny. I howled when I thought about what these parents are about to experiance.
lol.gif

I found this post over at roadtripamerica.com

The post:
CA to FL via TX in 5days with 4 KIDS...help please.
shocked.gif

We are moving from Sacramento, CA to Tampa, FL and planning to drive there in our minivan with our 4 kids, 9yrs, 7yrs, 2yrs & 7mths in (we hope 4-5 days)! Any help on routes that go through Dallas TX would be really helpful as we've never done this before (or alternate route's if they're heaps quicker). Also any suggestions or tips on travelling with kids, especially small kids, ie. keeping them entertained, times to drive etc. (we've already put a dvd player in the minivan!). Anyway any help we'd love. Thanks so much, I've got already so much info from this site.
fruit.gif

I'd recommend removing all sharp objects from their reach also.
My two kids (10 and 13) can handle multiple day trips ok but are itching to just get away from each other at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back