Alkylated Naphthalene - Background & Uses Lubrication Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that Mobil 1 used AN's as one of the 3 ingredients in their 'Tri-Synthetic' formula (back in the SL era).
I also remember that it wasn't one of Mobil 1's greatest versions. Did this have anything to do with AN's?....IDK...

I remember reading that Mobil 1 used AN's as one of the 3 ingredients in their 'Tri-Synthetic' formula (back in the SL era).
I also remember that it wasn't one of Mobil 1's greatest versions. Did this have anything to do with AN's?....IDK...
I thought the still used AN in their current versions, possibly more in their high mileage versions, except the Euro version.

I don't know how we are defining "greatest" here and it better not be via UOA's, lol.

But yes, the tri-syn formula was PAO/AN/Ester as the base oil blend. This was before they started using Group III.

Mobil still uses all three of those ingredients, in varying quantities in their current oils. They have probably the most extensive slate of base oils of any oil manufacturer at their disposal through XOM Chemical, so they have a lot of flexibility that isn't available, or available economically, to other blenders.

good vids but accent makes understanding him!! Lake Speed vids are great + understandable IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back