Alignment fuel amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Chevy in my sig going in for an alignment from the dealer tomorrow to correct a slight pull to the right. The car has half a tank of fuel right now. Is there a rule to follow as far as how much fuel for an accurate alignment? I seem to recall a full tank is best.

Different manufacturers call for different levels. If it calls for a full tank the technician doing the alignment should add weight to the bed to compensate.

IF THATS A STRUT CAR There IS likely NO STD CASTER ADJUSTMENT ON IT - IS THERE? A
slight PULL TO THE RIGHT IS LIKELY if anything the being TYRE MISFORMED at a bias - NOT ALIGNMENT. PLUS YOU SHOULD HAVE CROWN PULLING T YOU TO RIGHT slightly anyhow.

My fit had a hard pull to the left over the crown with the Dunlop 7000, and also with my Firestone winterforce Winter tires.
I installed new Hankook Ventus V2 and the pull is completely gone - no alignment done. You would think across two tire brands the problem would be either camber or caster steer (as toe was OK) - but it was the tires.

You can have the tire remounted reversed if they are non-directional. If the total toe is OK on the rack and the other spec look OK I would not let the tech touch the tierod ends if your wheel is centered straddling the centerline.

Opps freaky caps lock again! @:c

Wish this was V.I. editor, I could fix
smile.gif

Last edited:
make sure to ask the personnel to check the x to make sure it is properly align ,it is a basic but insanely costly mistake if he doesn't verify (potentially)

I just had to call the service person and ask them. First answer was whatever fuel is in the car was fine. I then told him it was at just above half a tank and he again said it didn't matter, they would align it the same way no matter how much gas was in the car. So no answer there from my dealer as to the level of the fuel making a difference with the alignment. I'm just going to make sure the tires are set exactly to the recommended cold psi and leave it at just above half a tank. Thanks to all who responded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back