"Alerts" stop notifying after a period of time ?

phpBB keeps track of your notifications... (so if you click on notifications [the equivalent of alerts]) then one of the notifications it changes the red number).

Each system has its pluses and minuses...

Reviving this again.... It's not my imagination either, but I'm seeing threads stop sending notifications quicker now. For example, this thread, was updated as recently as 33 minutes ago (as I type this) and could have other updates that I missed. I have to scroll through my notifications to see one from yesterday for this thread.

Others seeing this (again) ?

This not happening with others ? I have threads I'm "watching" that have new posts added but no alerts are given. This is happening every day and with multiple threads.

This is happening to me. I haven’t had enough time to figure out if there is rhyme or reason, but I have noticed a few non alerts.

Are you sure your expected alert meets one of these criteria?

alerts.jpg

Every box is checked for me. Tempted to uncheck it, log out, log back in and re-check those boxes just to kick it back to it's senses.

Every box is checked for me. Tempted to uncheck it, log out, log back in and re-check those boxes just to kick it back to it's senses.
Clear all cookies too before logging back in.

Do you all have “automatically watch content you create” and or “automatically watch content you interact with”, checked?

I'm asking if the post or thread you are expecting an alert on meets one of the five criteria in the screenshot I posted. I understand you have them all checked.
Yes, "replies to a watched thread" is what I'm referring to (and really don't care too much about the others).

My preferences are set that I automatically "watch" every thread I comment in. When people add to one of those threads, I get alerts for some and no alert for others. Really no obvious condition of when it alerts or when it doesn't that I can see.

Today's example.... The "Appliance shortage..." thread was updated (8) minutes ago (at the time I screenshotted this) but not listed in my Alerts as being updated.

bitog1.jpg

bitog2.jpg

Yes, I've gotten updates for it before. It's hit or miss. My preferences are also set to ALWAYS watch threads I post in.

I'm at a loss. I've looked at every setting multiple times and I don't see anything wrong.

Today's example.... The "Appliance shortage..." thread was updated (8) minutes ago (at the time I screenshotted this) but not listed in my Alerts as being updated.

View attachment 63447

View attachment 63448
I believe this is because you've received an alert for this "Appliance" thread previously, but you didn't actually click into that alert and visited that thread. If so, then you're not going to get any more alerts on that thread until you do. At least that is how it works for me.

EDIT: Ooops.... looks like I already posted this explanation back on Feb 27 in this thread. Getting old sucks. :)

Last edited:
I believe this is because you've received an alert for this "Appliance" thread previously, but you didn't actually click into that alert and visited that thread. If so, then you're not going to get any more alerts on that thread until you do. At least that is how it works for me.
I never thought of that and I'll bet that's the issue.

Back