Aisin Timing Belt and Water pump kits

I used to get these from Rock Auto and just bought a kit this past summer. Just looking on the site they no longer carry the Aisin Kits. Other than Amazon or Ebay. Any one else know a reputable place to source these?

What kind of car is it?

If Rock Auto doesn't have it, any auto parts store should be able to get it for you. Napa, Pep Boys, AAP, Autozone, an independent/regional parts store

Probably just your car. Maybe its a low volume item and they don't bother to keep it. They still have the TKH002 though. Imagine they sell a few(hundreds)

Perhaps your part number is OOS. Search for the applicable part number under the part number search.

I just ordered a TKH002 from them today.

I used to get these from Rock Auto and just bought a kit this past summer. Just looking on the site they no longer carry the Aisin Kits. Other than Amazon or Ebay. Any one else know a reputable place to source these?

I notice there are a lot less for the Subaru 2.5 also. I need pistons and bearings and a couple of rods and nothing is available from Rock, they used to have Mahle pistons and other high quality parts at a good price. I think the unmentionable is playing a part in this.

I completely rebuilt my 4Runner from bumper-to-bumper with parts from Amazon. I look for and usually use OEM parts (Denso, Aisin, Toyota, etc or known brands I trust Moog, Wagner, etc). I'm a member so 2-day free shipping and no problems.

Probably just your car. Maybe its a low volume item and they don't bother to keep it. They still have the TKH002 though. Imagine they sell a few(hundreds)
Thats weird It is it not listed listed under the parts for that particular car (2016 MDX). but as other posters mentioned, when I search their site by the part #TKH002 number it shows up. So I tried under the 08 Odyssey which takes the same kit, it does not show either?

Wonder if this is their way of forcing people to the Gates, Contitech and dayco brands? Or might just be a glitch?

Wonder if this is their way of forcing people to the Gates, Contitech and dayco brands? Or might just be a glitch?
Conspiracy theory aside, Rock Auto is not "forcing" anyone to buy anything. To them a sale is a sale.

The imagination that is often displayed towards RA is sometimes amazing.

Thats weird It is it not listed listed under the parts for that particular car (2016 MDX). but as other posters mentioned, when I search their site by the part #TKH002 number it shows up. So I tried under the 08 Odyssey which takes the same kit, it does not show either?

The newer J35 engines spec a different timing belt, part # 14400-R9P-A01.
Aisin's catalog still shows the TKH002 to be recommended, but this is something to be aware of.

The newer J35 engines spec a different timing belt, part # 14400-R9P-A01.
Aisin's catalog still shows the TKH002 to be recommended, but this is something to be aware of.
Thanks "The Critic"! I was not aware of this. I wonder if it is a tougher belt, given the higher compression of the DI?
I may still get the AIsin Kit and just swap the belt out.

Thanks "The Critic"! I was not aware of this. I wonder if it is a tougher belt, given the higher compression of the DI?
I may still get the AIsin Kit and just swap the belt out.
Not sure.
Gates specs the same belt for the newer models, but they are recommending a different and more expensive kit for the newest J35’s. So, something may have changed with other timing belt components?

While it is not uncommon for the Honda hydraulic tensioners to leak before 100K, I’m starting to see some of the aftermarket ones fail well before 100K. I just saw a hyd tensioner from a continental kit leak and rattle terribly after 50K. Neighbor’s family installed an Aisin kit last year and their hydraulic tensioner failed after 20K.

Check your dealer or online dealer? When i had a Honda the water pump was cheaper from the dealer except for the bargain brands. Which probably work fine too.

Not sure.
Gates specs the same belt for the newer models, but they are recommending a different and more expensive kit for the newest J35’s. So, something may have changed with other timing belt components?

While it is not uncommon for the Honda hydraulic tensioners to leak before 100K, I’m starting to see some of the aftermarket ones fail well before 100K. I just saw a hyd tensioner from a continental kit leak and rattle terribly after 50K. Neighbor’s family installed an Aisin kit last year and their hydraulic tensioner failed after 20K.
I compared the part numbers between an earlier J35 and the newest ones. The Water Pump, hydraulic tensioner and idler pulley stayed the same. The timing belt part number changed, along with the timing belt adjuster (the one with the collar).

Perhaps the timing belt adjuster is the reason why Gates has a different part number for the newest J35's?

I've heard these rumors but have never seen them. Might be just that, rumors. Anyway, easy enough to return if found counterfeit.

You don't always notice until it fails--after you already installed it. And since the J35 is an interference engine, you're taking a big gamble.

Not sure.

Critic-Is there any symptom/noise of a failing tensioner? I hear a loud growling noise coming from pass. side of engine only when putting into gear on a cold engine. Got the stethoscope out and poked around in general timing belt area but heard nothing like that sound. Ideas?
Thank you

Back