Airbag light 2001 Chrysler T&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's van needs to be inspected next month and of course the dash light just started popping on that indicates something is up with the airbags. Do I need to run to Autozone to have them see what code is coming up? Anyone have any guesses as to what this might mean?

Chrysler has had problems with faulty clocksprings located inside the steering column/wheel. That is the very first thing to consider when an airbag light comes on.

There has been several recalls regarding this. Google it for lots of links. I believe the last recall went up to 2000. Yours is a 2001 but may have been made in 2000.

Here's one: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls04/chrysler_minivan_airbags.html

Do some research, because you should be able to get Chrysler to pay for it. You may have to be a bit assertive, but it will be worth it.

The Clock spring replacement was 1996 to 2001 and it is covered with a lifetime warranty done by the dealer.Does the cruise control work?The cruise control is part of the clockspring also

lol my dads 92 caravan had that issue, airbag light would come on and the turn signal wouldn't work! bla

what a PAIN, good minivan thoe, took a helleva beating and still sold it for 500 bucks when it was sitting in our drive way for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back