Air up your vehicle's tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
It's that time of year boys & girls - ambient temps are dropping and so is the PSI in your tires
thumbsup2.gif

Mine were 5 lbs. low this morning at 43 degrees. Good to go now, and will check again when colder than 32. Amazing how many people don't notice until they are down to 15 psi, or flat. At least they ride smooth at low pressure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Tell me about these low ambient temps you speak of?
105* instead of 117*

Good idea it is already 51 degrees here in the frozen north and just the first week of autumn.

Holy carp its 56F out. TPMS on Camrys trip when there is a 10% loss of pressure. It is a useful piece of nanny ware.

Funny you mention it because I just checked tire pressure on all my vehicles today. They all needed an extra 3-5 PSI.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Don't forget to use pure nitrogen!
laugh.gif

I prefer hydrogen. It gives the car buoyancy so I use less fuel.

Hint: Avoid burnouts.

I am in a part of Ca where we are still in the mid to upper 90's in the daytime, but dropping to the low 50's in the early morning hours. At 5 A.M. last Tuesday my tires where about 5 lbs low.

Yup, 27-28 psi in the Avalon last night, I pumped them up. Hadn't been that long since I pumped them up either, 2 months maybe?

Funny this subject came up. I drove my pickup today to take my son fishing...hadn't driven it in a few days. TPMS alerted that a tire was low (29 psi). Ended up adding air to all 4 tires. Checked the other 2 vehicles tonight, and all 8 tires needed a lil more air!

Originally Posted by CT8
105* instead of 117*

Whaaa? Its 48f tonight, but we are seeing mid/upper 30's already, my beater car, 03 Acura TL looks like fronts need air! We are using wood stove already! "Few hours only"

laugh.gif

Try Methane? Atleast you can smell it if you have a slow leak...lol

laugh.gif

Atmospheric air is almost 80% nitrogen.

oh yeah had my tpms light pop on last week. put air in the wife's car tires and mine all good for now, will recheck when temps drop further.

I like it alot more when I let the air 'out' in the Spring Time.

I have a 'spreadsheet' that I write the Date/TEMP and PSI on.
It gives me a good indication of how much PSI I loose/gain every 10* F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back