Air inside a car, is worse for your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it!! No more new cars for me!! I'll get older ones that have off - gassed and leached out most of the nasty stuff. I'll have to settle for mold spores.

...and I really did like that nausiating "new car smell" too
frown.gif

From link above:

"One solution was to open the car's windows, though the Web site recommends doing so only along country roads. "

If I could take a country road to work, I'd be in business. Problem is, 450,000 other people would be taking the same route.

In my limited experience, my car's interior windshield "hazes" at the same rate, new or old.
I end cleaning the windows about once or twice a month.

Maybe plastic gasses far beyond the lifetime of the vehicle
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Razl:
In my limited experience, my car's interior windshield "hazes" at the same rate, new or old.
I end cleaning the windows about once or twice a month.

Maybe plastic gasses far beyond the lifetime of the vehicle
dunno.gif

One car I had hazed the windows real bad. I found that if I left the front windows down about 3/8 of an inch while the car was parked, the hazing was greatly reduced. Seems like a very small amount of air circulation all but eiminated the hazing.

Another darn good reason for my continued inhaling the byproducts of smoldering tobacco leaves.... the outgassing from my lungs and the tip of the smoldering itty bitty cigarette-like cigar (Swisher Sweet) adheres to the truly noxious substances present within the conveyance's cabin and drags them down down down to settle onto the floor, far from my seared lungs.

Ahhhhhh.......

quote:

Originally posted by obbop:
Another darn good reason for my continued inhaling the byproducts of smoldering tobacco leaves.... the outgassing from my lungs and the tip of the smoldering itty bitty cigarette-like cigar (Swisher Sweet) adheres to the truly noxious substances present within the conveyance's cabin and drags them down down down to settle onto the floor, far from my seared lungs.

Ahhhhhh.......

I subscribe to the same theory.
grin.gif

This just in:

100% of people who drive cars die!
Eventually.

Irresponsible alarmist journalism. I choose to ignore it. Wake me up when you find something really harmful and dangerous I should know about.

Yep pull the probe out of the tail pipe and stick it in the interior of a new car and it will show way more gasses.Learned that in 1982 in a smog class I took.

quote:

Originally posted by njc:

"One solution was to open the car's windows, though the Web site recommends doing so only along country roads. "

ummm... have you smelled some of the air in the country? particularly cattle country. "city" air is better.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve S:
Yep pull the probe out of the tail pipe and stick it in the interior of a new car and it will show way more gasses.Learned that in 1982 in a smog class I took.

The CO exhaust concentrations from ULEV cars are lower than some city streets during rush hour.

When I wipe off the interior window haze on my car with a white tissue, a black mark is left on the paper. Maybe it's made of soot sticking to the oily vapors that comes off the car or even my body.

The last auto smog class I did was 1996 ,back then the exhaust was much cleaner than the car interior. With all the technology though ,it would be nice if the mpg would increase as the emissions dropped.

quote:

ummm... have you smelled some of the air in the country? particularly cattle country. "city" air is better.

Mayber personal preference, but since moving from the country to the city, I've found that I MUCH prefer the country air. Exhaust fumes suck and the black soot covers everything.

I think my windows haze up faster parked on the streets that they did when I could park in a garage. Probably due to the sun's rays deteriorating the vinyl at a greatly accelerated rate. I thought about having the windows tinted, but I don't like the reduced nighttime visibility that results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back