Air hose fittings, need suggestions, tired of leak

Looking for a good quality air hose fitting. I'm tired of every time I connect my impact wrench, air chuck and cutoff tool and get air leaking out around the new fittings. I just picked up what I thought would solve the issue from Harbor Freight, but guess I was wrong. Is there a good brand name I can get that will solve this problem? Thanks. smile

I use Teflon tape on the threads of the fittings. My impact gun would always leak a little air, then as soon as I put Teflon tape on the threads, iit doesn't leak at all anymore.

Yes, go to Northern Tools and purchase the Milton brand of pneumatic fittings. I prefer their "high flow" version that has a larger orifice. It is the brand that the pros use.

Harbor Freight has always worked for me, but I've always been picky. They have bins of single pieces - I always buy out of there when I can (instead of the multi-packs) and check that the threads engage smoothly. If I do need to but something in a cardboard pack, I've been known to try to slip the fitting out and test it. And I always use plenty of Teflon tape when I install them. So far, no leaks.

JTK

Rat, like suggested, the HFT fittings are most likely your issue. Go for a higher dollar name brand product. I've got mostly HFT air stuff. The fittings can be sketchy.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I use Teflon tape on the threads of the fittings. My impact gun would always leak a little air, then as soon as I put Teflon tape on the threads, iit doesn't leak at all anymore.
I believe he is referring to the quick connect fittings, not the threaded fittings.