Air freshener for the cabin filter

Good for 90 days... Sounds inconvenient for me.

IMG_0890-Edit.jpg

Do those come with the vacuum bags? I don't see them seperate to buy.

Removed from vacuum bag that's pictured above . It's glued to the bottom of the bag . Just inserted a few strips in the pleats of the cabin filter a week or two ago . Too many strips can be overwhelming . 👃

Last edited:
Just more chemicals to breathe in.
There are cars that contain air freshener are vented into the HVAC system in the glovebox

And mercedes has something also.

I'd prefer filtration to added smells any day of the week.

In "Lucifer's Hammer" (scifi book -Purnell- about a meteor hitting the Earth) a few drops of precious gasoline was used to mask the smell of rotting bodies in stores which had to be sacked for canned food etc.

Hmmm hmmm good.

The Griots Leather Care I use on the seats has a subtle leather scent. I prefer that over any attempt to add fragrance to the cabin air filter.

If you really want to add heavy fragrance to your air just buy a bottle of Hai Karate and sprinkle that on the air filter.

The Griots Leather Care I use on the seats has a subtle leather scent. I prefer that over any attempt to add fragrance to the cabin air filter.

If you really want to add heavy fragrance to your air just buy a bottle of Hai Karate and sprinkle that on the air filter.
Given what I have seen of this Hai! Karate! potion on T.V., I would not use that with your new GF or any random female hitcher in the car.
This takes distracted driving to a whole new level !

Last edited:
Perfume your WW fluid. it gets to the HVAC.

I know bc when I put a couple tbs of ammonia in there once it was 😲
That's why we love the factory washer fluid from VW & audi. It has a nice lemon-fresh scent.

the 1Z/Einzett comes close with the Citronella scent.

Then there's the Vaico Clean Screen concentrate with the Peach scent.

About 20 years ago, I think it's Advanced Auto Parts, it had baby powder fresh scent in its premixed washer fluid.

Back