Air Force One flying over my son's house

Our area sees the Presidential planes quite often. PTIA is where they practice touch and go because of the close proximity to D.C. and the length of the runways. Cars pull off on the shoulders of Bryan Blvd, a main thoroughfare around Greensboro,N.C. to observe the take offs and landings. To see the flag on that beautiful plane makes an awesome sight and makes me proud to witness it!
I am sure I would stop to see such a sight if I were to happen upon Air Force One.

When I lived in Brooklyn the sitting president came to town (Manhattan not Brooklyn).
Air Force 1 (actually not, as the Chief Exec. was on land) made 5 or 6 wide circles for display.
It couldn't've been a professional photo op as the air was quite thick with haze/smog.
The circuit omitted Staten Island-which I thought was abhorrent !

While Air Force One is top shelf in the power and symbolism department, I thought the repeated fly-around was a dopey looking.

Korean Air....NYC-Seuol-Sydney and back. 747-400's on all legs.
Very nice people, flawless service and you could eat off the floor. Even the exteriors of KA's jets looked cleaner than others.
Staten Island always forgotten 😤
We used to have an airport, but it was made obsolete in 1960
I was laid up sick, so I was out that day, but (at the time) President Obama landed on Miller Field outside (my) New Dorp High School
IIRC it was helicopter 🚁

The 747 is a magnificent beast, my dad worked for Pan Am from 1988-1991 (when they locked the gates at JFK) 🥺
They were always a nice way to get somewhere, easy and cheap non revving for employees in the old days

Boeing employee here....it was a sad day when we rolled out the very last 747 a few weeks ago. It's always been my favorite commercial plane since it first came out.

Biden was in town last week to meet Newsom and discuss flood damage in California. My son took a picture of Air Force One with his pricey camera as it flew over on its way to Moffett Field in Mountain View.

Scott

View attachment 136657
In Denver years ago they had a mobile hall of presidents along with the Air Force One mock up. One of the guys there was a former Secret Service officer. He said one day he called his mom from air force one and told her "guess where I am? On air force one. He said she told him he was lying and hung up.

Here's JFK's Air Force One (a Boeing 707) on display at Seattle's Museum of Flight in 2007.
101_0133.JPG

I see Airforce 1 type planes occasionally flying here out office window without president as apparently. They practice fueling with tankers stationed near me.

Back