Air Force Just Shot Something Down in Alaskan Air Space - 2/10/2023

clown-hot-air-balloon-balloon-boating.jpg

Many online are saying it's a ufo but it isn't. No ufo is gonna get show down by a slow pathetic highly detectable missile. They only crash when they have flight failures.
Well, technically if it is a UFO because as of right now it was flying and not identified. But I understand what you are saying :)
The thing is, if it was extraterrestrial they may not be able to stop our slow pathetic missile because they may not understand the "ancient" slow technology behind it. They might panic and ask what the heck is that piece of junk and before they know it and detect it, boom!

Well, technically if it is a UFO because as of right now it was flying and not identified. But I understand what you are saying :)
The thing is, if it was extraterrestrial they may not be able to stop our slow pathetic missile because they may not understand the "ancient" slow technology behind it. They might panic and ask what the heck is that piece of junk and before they know it and detect it, boom!

Funny how this one got shot down real quick.........
We don't have much info yet, on what it was. The 200' tall balloon by comparison, think of all the intelligence gathering that was done by American forces while it undertook its flight path. Further they finessed it down over shallow water, in an orchestrated and careful manner with recovery forces queued-up to go. Yet more of a treasure-trove of Intelligence when recovery is complete. I think that was the right call.

We don't have much info yet, on what it was. The 200' tall balloon by comparison, think of all the intelligence gathering that was done by American forces while it undertook its flight path. Further they finessed it down over shallow water, in an orchestrated and careful manner with recovery forces queued-up to go. Yet more of a treasure-trove of Intelligence when recovery is complete. I think that was the right call.
I dont it should have been shot down over the Pacific when it was in our airspace...IMO

I feel slightly disappointed, I have more time aloft than God himself and I've never seen a high altitude balloon or UFO. Thought I'd (again) post the view from our Gulfstream G600 at 51,000 feet.

The G600 has Pratt & Whitney engines, with more than a 5 to 1 bypass ratio and they do struggle to perform at high altitudes, so FL510 is difficult to achieve. The GV-G550 with its 4 to 1 Rolls Royce engines are better at high altitudes. In experimental category, able to climb to 64,000 without an interior (just ballast weights) and with engines in "ALT" mode (no airframe EPR restrictions) (thrust)

F7ldN8X.jpg

acPWJ2L.jpg

H7PSoBD.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me if I'm wrong, but the Enterprise isn't capable of flying inside a planet because of gravitational force?
OK, you’re wrong…that’s a depiction of “Tomorrow is Yesterday”, episode 19 of season 1, in which the Enterprise is thrown back in time by an encounter with a “dark star” and ends up in Earth’s atmosphere, where it appears on radar as a UFO, and is intercepted by an F-104.

The crew rescues the pilot, detaining him to avoid disclosing information about the starship, and beams down to the Air Force base to destroy to film footage of the intercept. They later realize they have to return the pilot (whose son will play an important role in space exploration in the future) in order to avoid changing history.

It was the first episode that dealt with time travel.

Back