Air Filters for New Models--Specifically 2018-19 Jeep JL Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why filter manufacturers take so long to come out with new air filters for new models. I contacted Fram to see when they'll have one for my 2018 JL Wrangler 3.6. They said they don't even have a target for it yet. I took delivery in mid January, and I am pretty sure there were some out there in December of 2017.

Oh well, I bought an OEM replacement, so I'm ok. I just would rather have other options.

Wix doesn't show them yet, either.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Do you need one already?

Yep. I'm at 13k and took a week long off-roading trip to Moab, UT in VERY dusty conditions. I've also had it off road on other shorter trips that were very dusty, as well. I've also done lots of gravel and country roads during the harvest. Lots of dust there, too.

I would imagine the dealer will have to be the source .Have you tried Rock Auto?

Is it the same as the JK? I don't quite know how has much has changed from JK to JL, and what has stayed the same.

Of course, there should be more choices the next time you need an air filter
smile.gif

I was able to get a Mopar filter off Ebay, but was wishing for more options. Purolator has a part number. I'm betting they are the maker of the Mopar filter.

The JK is different, unfortunately.

Give it some time for the aftermarket to produce parts.

aFe has some choices

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/jeep-wrangler-jl-parts/engine-fuel-system/air-filters/?f%5B0%5D=sm_engine_size%3A3.6L%20Pentastar%20V-6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back