Air compressor clicks

Hello, I have a Northern tool air compressor that when I tried to start it, it clicks, you can see in the video
It’s a electric air compressor all I can post is a picture and not a video

Attachments

• IMG_3305.jpeg
    IMG_3305.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3307.jpeg
    IMG_3307.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 24
Is that some kind of reset switch above the pressure switch ? Check the capacitor on the motor .

Push the reset button and see if it starts. Then ck the capacitor under the blue cover. While you are there take a meter and see if you have any power to the capacitor.

I support the capacitor suggestions. I doubt it is the breaker as you wouldn't even get a click out of it.

First make sure that it is plugged into a live outlet. The switch will click when you move the lever even without electricity.

The reset button does not work like it did, so it’s kinda like in a loose mode with no clicking if that makes sense

^ How does that identify whether it's the switch or something else besides the motor winding? I'd check the switch first, because it was reported as not feeling right.

^ How does that identify whether it's the switch or something else besides the motor winding? I'd check the switch first, because it was reported as not feeling right.
That's why I said to jump out the switch first . Testing things with an ohmmeter while they are still wired in the circuit can be misleading .

Back