Air cleaner upgrade to furnace

As I get older, I am getting more sensitive to dust and makes my asthma worst. My current system has an UV light, electronic air cleaner and humidifier.

I am happy with the current setup but will like to add something else especially if can help me w/ the asthma problem. The current place that I normally

buy stuff like this is at https://www.supplyhouse.com/Air-Cleaners-1381000

I am also open to stand alone item.

Thanks for any replies.

I would try one of these and see how well it cleans the air with a MERV 11 filter.

The UV light is really just to keep the coils clean. Air passes through the UV light so fast it cannot really do much with the circulating air. Keeping the coil clean is a good thing.

Whatever company services your system should be able to advise you. Sometimes the units that appear to work the best in the website writeup are not as great as claimed.

For example I got the Aprilaire media air filter housing, really a housing for a 5" wide filter, not anything electronic and I was gung-ho to put in a Merv 13 filter. But after more research I was told with a 6 ton heatpump system I should not go beyond a Merv 11.

The UV light is on the return side. I do all the service on the equipment and do the research myself.

The electronic casing can also insert a 5 inch media filter/ MERV 8 which I done when waiting for parts. Any higher than Merv 8 really puts a strain on the airflow!

Back