Ahh Mercedes, why are you so good to me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran across a 'future car' while thumbing through my Road & Track last night that really caught my lustful eye. Mercedes is partnering with HWA (Hans-Werner Aufrecht, a former Mercedes engineer and co-founder of AMG) to produce the stunning SLC. I love the new directions M-B is taking with regard to body design. So much better looking than that odd SLR McLaren. The new wild child will be packin the 6.2-liter AMG V-8 laying down around 700 hp. A twin-turbo version is to follow. If only I had $200,000 laying around. Sigh.

MercedesSLC1.jpg

I'm not so sure about their styling direction. They've gone from something unique to Lexus lookalike:

masthead.jpg

Maybe the picture does it no justice. I parked next to a brand new C last weekend at Lowes and it's definitely a looker. Nothing about it reminded me of a Lexus.

Well, if he's that old he probably does as much actual work as Enzo Ferarri did in his last years. Lots of directing and delegating. :)

that is one of the finest vehicles ever built... seriously.

No other car from what I can tell, could so consistently last 20+ years and achieve 300k miles. Nothing from honda, toyota, etc.

The w123 diesel was an engineering masterpiece from the maintainability to the longevity aspects, all the way to its safety design. Nothin since has proven to be finer, IMO.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back