Agreeing to a price on a car with the insurance company

And it was a hard sell. Was asking more but no takers after a few months.
That’s sad. Mine was a good car and very well optioned and nice to drive and own. It’s hard to get all that with a stick at a reasonable cost.

If the insurer puts its foot in the sand, at some point you either take the deal or go to plan B or C, which may mean hiring a lawyer to sue based on the insurance policy contract terms.

If the insurer puts its foot in the sand, at some point you either take the deal or go to plan B or C, which may mean hiring a lawyer to sue based on the insurance policy contract terms.
Well we would get a lot farther if the appraiser wasn’t completely incompetent they sent me a new valuation over of 9516 and I looked it over they still have my car listed as not having a CD player, heated steering wheel, race track lights from dodge and they have the dashboard marked as slightly faded and the headliner has Wear and tear. Which isn’t true so I had to prove all of this wrong as well. I don’t know if he is just stupid or if he just wants to “accidentally” not list things correctly to save themselves a few bucks.

Ccc one I believe is what it’s called.

OK, I don't have a condition guide for CC ONE. See if you can find one, its likely that there are very specific definitions of the conditions. Its typically much like a lease turn in... EG: "scratch larger than a credit card", "1-3 cigarette burns".

OK, I don't have a condition guide for CC ONE. See if you can find one, its likely that there are very specific definitions of the conditions. Its typically much like a lease turn in... EG: "scratch larger than a credit card", "1-3 cigarette burns".
Ok good to know.
they had a lot of things listed as normal wear. I have however gotten a lot of it marked as dealer ready and have thus gotten more money. I am up to 9707 and hoping to hit $9800 which will be close to what I wanted which was 9900.

I had similar negotiations when my Accord was totaled but this was 35 years ago. The insurance co had some incentive to close the deal due to some state regulations. They count on you needing that insurance check and not having the patience to drag out the negotiations. Keep em honest!

Ok good to know.
they had a lot of things listed as normal wear. I have however gotten a lot of it marked as dealer ready and have thus gotten more money. I am up to 9707 and hoping to hit $9800 which will be close to what I wanted which was 9900.

Just looked it up that rallye today is worth roughly 3k less than my GT. But if you sold it at 2 years old for under 10k then at least around where I am you sold it for less that it’s worth likely. 🤷🏼
What makes a GT worth 43% more than a Rallye? Does it have a V8 or something?

What makes a GT worth 43% more than a Rallye? Does it have a V8 or something?
A lot more features? I don’t know I didn’t write the rules I’m just playing by them and maybe pushing them a little bit 😂

At first they offered me 7886 for my dart after rejecting it and sending new comps they’ve agreed to 9496. Around here for a comparable dart in similar condition ect is about 10,000-10,500. They blue book is 9900. I’d really like to get $9900. After they came back they said there was no more negotiations and that I have to accept what they are settling at. How do you handle this? Should I compromise? I mean if I was selling it I would probably negotiate a little but stay pretty close to what I want🤷🏼

Good luck, a few months ago I should have totaled my car but the insurance company actually bumped up the value to where there was no way that it could be claimed as a total loss. I have worked in the car business and priced out countless vehicles for trade and retail, based on my estimate and that of others the car should have been totalled.

That being said the insurance company assigned a maximum retail value, not taking into consideration the devaluation of the vehicle as a result of the wreck or any other variable factors like mileage. There is no way in h*** that I as the person in possession of the vehicle would be able to obtain anywhere near their assigned value for the car even before the accident occurred.

The best thing to do is find a new insurance company and move on.

Well congratulations... what did they have amiss on the valuation?
They had the rear bumper as being damaged it’s not they tried to penalize me for not having a front driver headlight.... it was destroyed in the accident. They said the door handles had wear as well as the headliner, wheels and the dash. This was after they said it didn’t have heated seats or steering wheel. The appraiser was absolutely ridiculous to deal with.

Back