Aftermarket Radiator 96 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the summer soon upon us I am going to be changing out the stock radiator in my Mustang. It doesn't leak and the fluid is fresh. However I am looking at some dual core models. These are made by Griffin, Fluidyne, and Mishimoto. Does anybody have any experience or thoughts on the brands I have mentioned. Your input here is most welcome. Thanks

I have heard of problems with the Mishimoto's. Also some with the Fluidyne, just not as many. Griffin I have heard of no issues,but I don't believe as many are used, cost probably...I have heard of the recall affecting the 96 model. How would I know by looking at the radiator, if this issue was addressed? I am the 2nd owner.

IIRC it wasn't actually a recall. It provided help if the plastic coolant runner on the intake manifold split. It only applied the 2v 4.6 V8. It has been a while, so I may not remember clearly.

Recalls involve safety or emissions issues as mandated by the government. This didn't fit into either category.

Originally Posted By: Big Jim
IIRC it wasn't actually a recall. It provided help if the plastic coolant runner on the intake manifold split. It only applied the 2v 4.6 V8. It has been a while, so I may not remember clearly.

Recalls involve safety or emissions issues as mandated by the government. This didn't fit into either category.

96 mustangs had a recall for the radiators, unrelated to the coolant crossover.

Originally Posted By: Big Jim
But was it a recall or an owner notification program?

recall, the cars would overheat due tot he radiators being too small.

Last edited:
Field Service Action includes Recalls and Owner Notification Programs. Recalls are for safety and smog and never expire until the work is completed. ONPs are for other things Ford wants to make adjustments for and probably will expire.

I remember when Ford started using the "Field Service Action" term. I was a Ford service manager at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back