Aftermarket Mazda Specific Oil Filters

The original filters for the Skyactiv engines were PE-14-302 (no suffix) made by Tokyo Roki in Japan. I used the last one that I purchased in 2012 (the first year Skyactiv engines were available here) in 2020. I had been using microGreen MG101-7 between 2013 and 2020, but we all know what happened to microGreen. I was able to get one MG101-7 on eBay (lucky find) and that's what's on there now. What I'll be using after that is Fram Ultra (6607). Same here with regards to not seeing an issue if the aftermarket filter has an ADBV. It just won't do anything in this application. I wish Stratapore filters were available in small sizes like this.

No drain back valve.... Although many aftermarket filters have them and will work fine...My car (2018 Toyota Yaris IA a Mazda II re-badge) uses that filter, currently using a Wix 57002 and I am very happy with it..

Same with the OEM Subaru filter for the H6. But I've used everything from Frams to Wix and house brands with a drainback value without issue.

I bought a box of like 12 a few years ago. @3k intervals, I’m finally on my last oil filter and need to order another box.

since the good ones from Japan aren’t available, the box contained the Thailand made filters. I’m fine with them. UOA showed excellent filtration, especially with my short intervals. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I see no reason to EVER use any aftermarket brand filter when the original is easily available and CHEAP. Why use anything else? 🤔

Back