Aftermarket air conditioning on a new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm not sure how the car doesn't have A/C.

It's standard equipment on 2009 Cobalts.

???

Its standard on the Cobalts in Florida

We have a great salesman at our local KIA dealer. This guy could sell a Black car w/o AC to a preacher!

At least once a week I get a call from one of his customers that now wants to add AC to the car. Unfortunatly the entire dash is different between the AC car and the non AC cars.

The cost to install AC in a KiA Rio is about $2400.......Nearly 1/3 of what the car cost new!

Maybe she just can't find the switch or button to turn it on? Air conditioning is not an option on the Cobalt because it's standard equipment on all of them. One thing that is an option is a spare tire, they only come with a can of sealant.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
We have a great salesman at our local KIA dealer. This guy could sell a Black car w/o AC to a preacher!

At least once a week I get a call from one of his customers that now wants to add AC to the car. Unfortunatly the entire dash is different between the AC car and the non AC cars.

The cost to install AC in a KiA Rio is about $2400.......Nearly 1/3 of what the car cost new!

that's what unfortunate about KIA, they sell to people who really can't afford a new car so they get the cheapest of the cheap.
what I can't figure is the people who buy a KIA then slap on hundred$ worth of cheesy accessories!

Originally Posted By: ms21043
Air conditioning is not an option on the Cobalt because it's standard equipment on all of them.

Funny, I thought the same thing initially, but no!

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?makeid=9&modelid=7634&year=2009&section=reviews

Features & Pricing
Entry-level Cobalts start at $14,990 for Value Leader models with the XFE treatment. These models don't have air conditioning or antilock brakes, even as options. We couldn't find many Value Leader models in our listings; most were LS or LT models.

"Value Leader"? No AC and no ABS. In 2009? Welcome to resale h.e.l.l. Seems like a buyer didn't do her homework.

I wonder if it has crank windows.

I haven't seen a car without air conditioning since the 1950's......I didn't know such a thing still existed.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
I haven't seen a car without air conditioning since the 1950's......I didn't know such a thing still existed.

I have not see a car in Fla without A/C since the 60's. Even the little Smart car has it here.

Saturn SL and SL1 did not have AC standard, although most dealers wouldn't order one w/o.
a friend of mine has a base model '07 or '06 ION w/ roll up windows. only 'features' are A/C and CD player (that might be standard).

Anecdoatal story....A buddy of mine had a old Dodge Dart with a aftermarket R12 add-on A/c unit. The evaporator under the dash looked like something out of a convenience store reach-in box, and the compressor was a giant York recip. with removable heads.

That car could put condensation on the outsides of the windows on a 95' day, with a 50' interior temperature and 34' discharge air.

Of course, the engine temp gauge on the 'ol Slant Six barely moved, the car also had a giant brass radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back