Aftermarket Air bag Clock Springs Recommendations

11 Tundra here. No horn unless wheel turned all the way.
Looks like a fairly straight forward repair. Same part#
Tough call. If the aftermarket spring fails the Air Bag system will alert you.
Lowest price on FleaBay is $15.00 shipped. 453 sold. Lots of A+ reviews.
i'm almost 100% sure that the OEM Toyota clock spring manufacturer is TOKAI RIKA in the Phillipines, which would make sense since the OEM clock spring package sticker says Made in Phillipines Toyota motor corp., when i GOOGLE tokai rika phillipines it show the address as being part of a Toyota corp.s manufacturing complex and Toyota corp owns 30% of that company so im pretty sure they are sourcing the clock springs there(it makes sense). PARTSGEEK.com sells the model w0133-1847561 is should be the OEM 84306-0e010 model(made in phillipines) Clock Spring for $123.00 plus shipping for an OEM unit, mine would cost $133..53 shipped to NJ, whereas the same OEM from Conicelli toyota online would be $220.75 shipped to same, so $87.22 savings for what i would suspect is the same part. heres the link for a 2011 Tundra same as my Tacoma part #
https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2...bag_clockspring.html?brand=original_equipment

I'd get a cheaper one on RA and be done with it. Esp if you will change it out yourself. Someone else on here did that on an older Toyo and worked perfectly for years and still fine. Would I gamble on a cheaper one from another online retailer, no.

The OEM on my Tundra lasted 10 years.
I followed jrvns' link a bought OEM.
Tired of not having a horn. My Finger hurts.
i just got done calling PARTSGEEK about a cross reference to the OEM 84306-0e010 part and was told twice know thats its the same part and was imported to the USA from Phillipines so I'm gonna assume its a genuine OEM part, and im getting one too. i even cross referenced the older toyota part 84306-48030 which was superceded by the -0e010 number and it still came up with the partsgeek tokai roki w0133-1847561 part. im convinced its an OEM Toyota manufacturered aftermarket piece(y) me too im seriously tired of not having a horn, my OEM lasted just under 8 yrs. i think im going to roll the bones on it.

Last edited:
Just finished replacing the clock spring in my 11 Tundra. Less than an hours time to complete.
The broken OEM(factory) spring was made in Mexico. The PartsGeek replacement was made in Japan
by Panasonic. No issues with air bags as I disconnected both battery terminals.
T30 Torx for air bag assy. 19mm socket for wheel nut removal.

Just finished replacing the clock spring in my 11 Tundra. Less than an hours time to complete.
The broken OEM(factory) spring was made in Mexico. The PartsGeek replacement was made in Japan
Panasonic makes the steering angle sensor for the VSC system. The clock spring comes from Tokai Rika, Sumitomo or Yazaki - all wiring and switch suppliers to Toyota. Tokai Rika is part of the Toyota conglomerate along with Denso, Aisin, Advics, Toyoda Industries and Toyoda Gosei/Boshoku.

Before you do ANY airbag repairs, you must completely disconnect the battery (both the pos and neg cables) and then do a capacitive discharge by touching the disconnnected battery cables together. Then step on the brake to make sure there is absoloutely no residual charge left in your vehicles electrical system. Some folks will say this is an over kill proceedure but I have seen airbags deploy on body shop techs and its not pretty, not to mention its expensive to replace an airbag.
Amen to that, this is also a good way to REBOOT the computer system no capacitors holding charge.

Op didn't state the year but 2nd gen tundras are from 2007-2013. All mechanical parts will fail. The clock spring gets alot of wear and tear so a clockspring failure on an 8-14 year old car doesn't mean the OE part is junk.
The 2007 Tundra is Gen 1.

I had one go bad on my Gen Coupe and the OE is over $450. I got a used one of of the eBay for $40.

how was the transaction of the part from PARTSGEEK, did you need a steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off.

Panasonic makes the steering angle sensor for the VSC system. The clock spring comes from Tokai Rika, Sumitomo or Yazaki - all wiring and switch suppliers to Toyota. Tokai Rika is part of the Toyota conglomerate along with Denso, Aisin, Advics, Toyoda Industries and Toyoda Gosei/Boshoku.
the OEM part 84306-0E010 from toyota are stamped made in Philippines,

the OEM part 84306-0E010 from toyota are stamped made in Philippines,
Yea, Yazaki and Sumitomo have plants there. Wiring harnesses are labor-intensive to make. I’ve seen Mexican Sumitomo wiring on American-built Toyotas and Chinese/Thai made Yazaki on Hondas from Ohio/Indiana/Alabama and Allston, ON.

Yea, Yazaki and Sumitomo have plants there. Wiring harnesses are labor-intensive to make. I’ve seen Mexican Sumitomo wiring on American-built Toyotas and Chinese/Thai made Yazaki on Hondas from Ohio/Indiana/Alabama and Allston, ON.
i contacted an EBAY seller who deals strictly with Toyota/HONDA/Nissan OEM parts not fakes about a toyota clockspring model 84306-48030 they are selling at a good price they are telling me its interchangable with a (84306-0E010 part which thru toyota parts depts. and ToyoDIY parts site says reflects the VIN of my truck), i asked the EBAY seller about the differance if any between them, they answered that the -48030 is made in Japan and the -0E010 in made in USA, but clearly on the toyota motors sticker on both models indicates its made/from? the Phillipines:unsure: could the part be made in USA or Japan but marked made in the Phillipines doesnt sound right to me. When i run the -48030 number on the ToyoDIY site it doesnt show it ever being asociated with Tacoma trucks of any years, but the -0E010 is associated with all year Tacomas starting at 2005, im skeptical about buying the -48030 OEM at a great price fearing theres something different about it. all Toyota online parts indicate that the -0E010 part has superceded the -48030 one does that mean they are 100% interchangable?

Last edited:
Back