After Collinite

My Collinite is starting to wear off (after a year) the beads are starting to get bigger. I don't have time to wax it, can anyone recommend something that is easy
to use that will last a while? Thank you as always

After using collinite the past 4 years (only a tiny amount left) I 'm going to try one of the hybrid ceramic products this year.
The quest for bigger and better I guess.

I have a lot of both the 476 paste wax and the 845 insulator wax; too much to switch anytime soon. When I'm 100, and I've finally exhausted my supply I'm going to try one of those new fangled ceramic waxes.

Sonax 223300 Polymer Net Shield.
Pretty easy to use, looks good, repels water, lasts a bit longer than Collinite (a lot longer in hot SoCal).
Just doesn't feel slippery like a wax.

Collinite 845 is so easy......... Probably the best to rub off. But I use 476s on all my pinball machines playfields, so I have a huge stash of it.

Don;t laugh, I bought a spray bottle of Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine, and it gets awsome reviews of being the best retail spray wax, even beating out some commerical ones in durability. It is durable on my crown vic daily drivers, but it does NOT add shine like collinite does. However they just released their Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax Coating that shows a much higher gloss reading, and it is even more durable. Cant wait to try it.

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our...ax-hybrid-solutions-ceramic-wax-coating/

Or just go all out and spend one time claying, buffing, and adding a real ceramic coating that will last over 1 year. There are millions now.

TEC582 is another ceramic detail spray that can be used as a drying aid mixed at 25% TEC582 and 75% distilled / water in a spray bottle. This way you are able to get the max life out of your cermic coating.

Last edited:
been using the 915 since i discovered it, its pretty easy + makes dark colors soooo deep. its the best i ever used + easier than my old fav paste simoniz i used on dark colors only for the deep color, but shorter life + harder to do its gone!

If you have the time to post and read things on here, you have the time to use the Collinite! Just use a very light coat.

Originally Posted by spackard
Sonax 223300 Polymer Net Shield.
Pretty easy to use, looks good, repels water, lasts a bit longer than Collinite (a lot longer in hot SoCal).
Just doesn't feel slippery like a wax.

I've been using that as well for a while. As you say it does not leave such a slick feeling finish as a good wax but has better hydrophobic properties and longevity. It's a bit more dwell time sensitive than most waxes and feels a bit grabby when you remove it. I apply it maximum one panel at a time, sometimes half a panel.

With some time on my hands I'm in the middle of a product test. I applied for different waxes and sealants to the front on the car about four weeks ago to test the water repellency and longevity. Hopefully it's apparent in the photo the reduction in rain water on the quarter panel coated in NPS compared to the adjacent one with Meguiars Carnuba wax. After a very quick once over with the leaf blower the NPS quarter was completely dry. Collonite 845 is on the far left but for now is behaving just like the Meguiars.
[Linked Image]

I found 845 about 10 years ago and wondered where it was all those years. One of the easiest-to-use, longest lasting waxes I've ever used (and I'm 72 now). I'll stay with it to wax my ride thanks.
[Linked Image]

I always see you members talking about Collinite 845. Can you please post a pic/pics of what the bottle/can looks like and where it can be purchased for the lowest price?
THANK YOU!

Collinite actually now offers a spray wax, 520. It kind of both a quick detailer and spray wax, but I use it mainly as a post wash spray wax. Lasts about a month, which is better than most spray waxes I tried so far.

Originally Posted by Broo
Collinite actually now offers a spray wax, 520. It kind of both a quick detailer and spray wax, but I use it mainly as a post wash spray wax. Lasts about a month, which is better than most spray waxes I tried so far.

IMO, spray waxes (and quick detailers) are only good for extending the look and protection of a real wax (like Collinite). They don't replace them...

Back